logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jvphobic  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2023 7:46:28 AM(UTC)
jvphobic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I would like Vmix to take in 8 NDI camera sources. Then, turn around and output each of those NDI sources as an independent NDI source.

Is this possible? I can clearly pull IN the NDI sources, but I don't see a way to output them individually.
AudioGreg  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2023 9:21:14 AM(UTC)
AudioGreg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
why do you need to output them from vMix? they are already on the network as independent sources...
jvphobic  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2023 10:23:01 AM(UTC)
jvphobic

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Those cameras come from our LiveU servers. We want to send them to live & replay machines. Figured it could work as a good mid tier server for audio balancing and color correction so we don’t have to do it and match them on each machine.
AudioGreg  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2023 3:19:49 AM(UTC)
AudioGreg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
well...if you were to use the SDI/HDMI outputs of your LiveU and capture that as an input, vMix would then generate an NDI output - BUT - the NDI feed is a direct copy of the raw capture, and will not contain any color correction/audio processing that you may apply inside of vMix.

you can use the 4 output busses on the higher tiers of vMix (4k/pro/max) to process any input, incl NDI. Simply route a single input to each of the 4 output busses, and use the NDI feeds of the busses as sources for downstream gear like your switcher/replay. Only this workflow will give you the color correction/etc you apply on the vMix inputs. Audio can work this way too, by assigning each camera audio source to a different audio buss, and then associate the busses with their respective outputs to embed them into the processed camera feed. changing gain, dynamics and eq will all follow this way.

you'd need 2 vMix instances to process your 8 NDI feeds, but would def work. I still call this cost effective, you're basically getting 4 NDI processors (4k capable!) for $700+computer. each one of my standalone 1080 frame syncs/procs are worth far more.