logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MSFTGuruGuy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 3:21:22 AM(UTC)
MSFTGuruGuy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm trying to find the best way using Vmix to update the long scoreboard of a baseball broadcast based on the particular inning we are in
and want to achieve this using the same shortcuts I have that update the score up for the game overall (Blue). I have a smaller bug also that shows runs,balls,strikes etc and a longer bug (attached)that shows each inning runs with a total of "Runs,hits,errors" at the end. I created some simple shortcuts that automate the run count changes on each title together, but want to populate the runs based on which inning we are in also rather than manually going into the titler to adjust the actual inning count. I already have a shortcut that updates the inning (in the title bug, 1st,2nd,etc), but feel there has to be a way to tell Vmix based on that inning selection, update assigned inning fields individually. Hope this makes sense. TIA.

Structurally these are MOV files that animate and GT Title that is timed to overlay on top of it at the start. Each number "0" in the graphic is an individual addressable title as you would expect.
Screenshot 2023-02-25 111549.jpg (90kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 4:10:08 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MSFTGuruGuy Go to Quoted Post
I'm trying to find the best way using Vmix to update the long scoreboard of a baseball broadcast based on the particular inning we are in
and want to achieve this using the same shortcuts I have that update the score up for the game overall (Blue). I have a smaller bug also that shows runs,balls,strikes etc and a longer bug (attached)that shows each inning runs with a total of "Runs,hits,errors" at the end. I created some simple shortcuts that automate the run count changes on each title together, but want to populate the runs based on which inning we are in also rather than manually going into the titler to adjust the actual inning count. I already have a shortcut that updates the inning (in the title bug, 1st,2nd,etc), but feel there has to be a way to tell Vmix based on that inning selection, update assigned inning fields individually. Hope this makes sense. TIA.

Structurally these are MOV files that animate and GT Title that is timed to overlay on top of it at the start. Each number "0" in the graphic is an individual addressable title as you would expect.

Guess that would need something similar to this ?

https://www.free-online-calculator-use.com/baseball-scorekeeper.html
MSFTGuruGuy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 8:40:02 AM(UTC)
MSFTGuruGuy

United States

Not exactly. Most of that I've already accomplished using shortcuts in VMIX. To paraphrase it. I'm trying to click "F1" which will not only update my score for the home team, but also their runs in that inning based on which Inning I am in. I have a shortcut which highlights the current inning.

For example: Inning 1 they score 1 run, Inning 2 they score no runs, inning 3 they score 3 runs. It's easy to assign a shortcut to update the runs for the game. But I'm trying to also have that shortcut look at the inning marker that is visible and put the runs for that inning in there also in real time, without having to use the Titler web controller to do it manually.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 9:13:02 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Not exactly. Most of that I've already accomplished using shortcuts in VMIX. To paraphrase it. I'm trying to click "F1" which will not only update my score for the home team, but also their runs in that inning based on which Inning I am in. I have a shortcut which highlights the current inning.

For example: Inning 1 they score 1 run, Inning 2 they score no runs, inning 3 they score 3 runs. It's easy to assign a shortcut to update the runs for the game. But I'm trying to also have that shortcut look at the inning marker that is visible and put the runs for that inning in there also in real time, without having to use the Titler web controller to do it manually.

I could be misunderstanding but (first part) why not just update the (specific)inning and let a script tally all the runs to get the (total)score
Prob more logical to update the selected inning and do the above tallying. sort of select inning and add runs based on the selected one (increasing values of a field has been addressed mutiple times in the forum ) . If the individul inning are named with a number to it it woudl be easy enough to select an inning field (up down) to add runs to the selected one (script if needed)

MSFTGuruGuy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 9:15:00 AM(UTC)
MSFTGuruGuy

United States

Right. That was my question if anyone has used or is using a set of scripts for something similar to achieve this.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 9:25:34 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Right. That was my question if anyone has used or is using a set of scripts for something similar to achieve this.

Done some like for snooker , were the totaling rules and sequence rules are imbedded in a script . What i am saying is let a script do the heavy work . In order to do that one has to layout detailed what you want and how to do it ( like how to enter data) . So far it is confusing. For example how do you intend ( or like) to select the field to update the score of or are you going to work sequencially like in the link i gave ( i would suggest to look at it again and try to relate that to using shortcuts eliminating the controls you dont need) .
It helped me understand a little how baseball scoring works as otherwise i have no clue about the details of the sport. you talk about innings, but what about the team selected etc?