logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gas75  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2023 8:46:48 PM(UTC)
gas75

Groups: Registered
Greece

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all,
I'm trying to find a way to fill a results table without having to set design for each row. Since the interface for tight designs and text/data fields is a real pain it'd be great if I could set the first row design on GT and fill the rest of the table with the "1st row template".
Then on 'Data Source' to fill each graphic row dynamically according to 1st row data settings (possibly this is doable by scripting, but any help is welcome)

For example if I have 5 rows of data to show corresponding graphic rows, on a 4 row of data to show a 4-row design etc.... just a thought... could 'visible' toggle help if this variable could be passed from the database?

Hope I wasn't as confusing as I think I was :)
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2023 10:45:17 PM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gas75 Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,
I'm trying to find a way to fill a results table without having to set design for each row. Since the interface for tight designs and text/data fields is a real pain it'd be great if I could set the first row design on GT and fill the rest of the table with the "1st row template".
Then on 'Data Source' to fill each graphic row dynamically according to 1st row data settings (possibly this is doable by scripting, but any help is welcome)

For example if I have 5 rows of data to show corresponding graphic rows, on a 4 row of data to show a 4-row design etc.... just a thought... could 'visible' toggle help if this variable could be passed from the database?

Hope I wasn't as confusing as I think I was :)

GT titles aint XAML title that would give the ability to use a "data template" so a copy of the first row desing has to be made (copy/paste) including the text fields. At least when you do this the duplicated rows will have a sequential number added to their elemeents names.

While a datasource is allready filling them dynamically it does not hide the graphics for "empty" rows but one could look at using a script check for emptyness and hide/show the graphics (layers) accordingly.
Using pages might also be an option controlled by a script
Another scripting way might be to check on how many rows contain data and crop the title (table) calculated accordingly from the bottom up

https://youtu.be/3YAYOqgcQzE?t=22
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
gas75 on 2/18/2023(UTC)