logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nicademus  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2023 12:40:56 PM(UTC)
nicademus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
2023-02-11 13_39_17-.png (9kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

I have just been preparing for a Job, had all inputs, Audio, Video out, etc. all ready to go. Knew there was an update which I have installed elsewhere, Installed it - but as soon as VMIX opens we get that error:
No Combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection
No changes to VMIX Config prior to that, only the project. But have tried now opening without a project, and also made sure Decklink Drivers are up to date

Windows 10 - latest patches
Radeon 5700XT
AMD Ryzen 7 CPU
32GB RAM.
VMIX 26.0.37
BM Decklink Quad 2 - 8 outputs (1 & 2 set as linked for Key and Fill - all previously working.)
HELPPPPPP

(Going to uninstall and revert to previously installed version 25.0.34)
nicademus  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2023 12:54:41 PM(UTC)
nicademus

Back to 25.0.34 and Outputs work fine again. Per this image.
2023-02-11 13_54_08-vMix Pro - 25.0.0.34 x64.png (28kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
AudioGreg  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2023 3:43:37 PM(UTC)
AudioGreg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
vMix 26.0.0.37
Win10 22H2 / i9-9900K
Quadro RTX 4000
BMD 12.4.2

external outs all fine here on both Duo2 and Quad2
admin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2023 6:29:49 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
nicademus,

This is due to selecting "MAB" as the audio channels for that Decklink Audio Render.
Note that Decklink Audio Render filter does not support multi-channel audio, hence the error.

Previous versions of vMix only supported sending stereo for these audio devices, regardless of what Audio Channels was set to.

In any case it is strongly recommended you select the Blackmagic device option instead under "Device" which has built in audio handling and will support MAB correctly.

The "Decklink Video Render" / "Decklink Audio Render" combo is legacy directshow drivers which should no longer be used.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 2/11/2023(UTC)
nicademus  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2023 9:37:37 PM(UTC)
nicademus

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
nicademus,

This is due to selecting "MAB" as the audio channels for that Decklink Audio Render.
Note that Decklink Audio Render filter does not support multi-channel audio, hence the error.

Previous versions of vMix only supported sending stereo for these audio devices, regardless of what Audio Channels was set to.

In any case it is strongly recommended you select the Blackmagic device option instead under "Device" which has built in audio handling and will support MAB correctly.

The "Decklink Video Render" / "Decklink Audio Render" combo is legacy directshow drivers which should no longer be used.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Martin - thanks for the pointers for this. It turns out I can still use the Legacy drivers - but will now move to the Blackmagic Quad outputs instead.

As it turns out - it seems at some point I had added an Extra Input to the mix somewhere, and not realised that in fact the Key and Fill were being delivered out on EXTERNAL 2. But where that is of course Port 1 and 2 in Crosslinked mode in the Blackmagic. Which then Renders Video Renderer 2 invalid for use to Output. But what that shows when it was working for Version 26.0.36 and all versions below, is that it was Likely somehow Breaking it's own rules and probably shouldn't have worked...But just DID!

I can't say for sure if output was even going to Port 2 in the older version, as the last time we worked with this system having the issue was in September last year, and as soon as I upgraded but with NO setting changes the instant it would start, the Error would show.

ANYWAY - I have now changed External 1 to "Black Magic Quad (3)" and clicked on External Output - Voila - all working! (I hope - still yet to test any actual output.

Many thanks again - both support, and for building such a brilliant and diverse product. Keep up the great work!
lobesso  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2023 10:08:46 AM(UTC)
lobesso

Peru

Hello, im was working with vmix in windows 10 and with a decklink 8k pro without problems. Now we change the card to a windows 11 machine running vmix's last version and we are having a trouble with the external, specifically with the audio. The card is fine because tested with other programs and its working fine. Also input of signal to vmix is also working fine with the decklink, but only the externa output has the problem. Is sending video correctly but only audio is not sent, or sent like un fractions showing an error eith large spaces of mute audio, and glitches.

What can be the problem? many thanks!
dbarton  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2023 1:36:33 PM(UTC)
dbarton

Lobesso,
We are having the same problem as mentioned in your post; the vMix external audio out sounds terrible.
Did you ever get the audio working? We just moved to Windows 11 with vMix 26.

Don