logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paul CVP  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2023 12:26:26 PM(UTC)
Paul CVP

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Hi,
I have started with a blank panel then put on it two video layers with one on one side and the same video on the other side of the screen. I have setup a OnTransitionIn trigger for the title which works fine but I want to go to another input on OnCompletion of the playing of the video which does not. I tried putting on a time delay when using OnTransitionIn trigger set the length of the video (25second so 25000ms) but that does not work.
Any other suggestions?
thanks Paul

vMix HD version 26.0.0.37

Also, with each new update of vMix the Haali Media Splitter simply kills the performance of vMix on my laptop until I remove it.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2023 11:12:03 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Paul CVP

If I understand you correctly, the "OnCompletion" trigger only works if the Video playing is the actual Input in the Program Output, not an Overlay or a Layer in another Input that is LIVE.

Ice
dmwkr  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2023 11:25:46 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
... and the OnTransitionIn trigger is not working, because:

"Note that in order to prevent loops, transition effects have no effect for OnTransitionIn or OnTransitionOut." (from Help files)

Workaround is to trigger a script that will check the remaining duration of the video (or sleep for the duration of the video) and then execute the transition.
Paul CVP  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2023 1:40:27 PM(UTC)
Paul CVP

New Zealand

Ice, yes that is correct "OnCompletion" trigger only works if the video playing is the actual Input not when using a blank to start with then doing a layers of the video.

dmwkr, thanks I will have a look at a script but not sure if available on HD version?

I got around it by using the video as the main input (used the change key). Does not seam a elegant way of doing it as I had to mask out the main video underneath and turn off the audio on that input.