logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
casstoner27  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2023 12:13:28 AM(UTC)
casstoner27

Groups: Registered
Czech Republic

Hi all,

First of all, sorry if my questions are silly, I just want to be prepared as much as I can before I'll buy components and start using vMix. I would like to ask you a few questions about capability of HW for my planned production and how Nvidia NVENC works.

My production is going to be just for recording (no live stream on vMix computer). I am planning to record 4K 60 FPS from PCIe Capture Card. I want to use vMix to add animated lower thirds, titles, custom made graphics, adding custom audio, effects, transitions etc.. Then I want to send it to Fullscreen output to a secondary PC where processed video will be recorded/streamed. So vMix computer will not record my production, but I would also like to record unedited Capture Card signal (just video as it comes from Capture Cards without any editing)...and for this I would also like to use computer where vMix is running (better say I want to record it with vMix itself).

HW I want to use for vMix:
CPU: Intel Core i7-11700K 8C/16T
GPU: RTX 3070 Ti
RAM: 32 GB DDR 3200 MHz

Here are my questions:
- Will my HW be able to handle this?
- GeForce cards has 3 allowed encoders. How does it work? How I understand now - one encoder will be used to process signal from Capture Card, second encoder will be used to send Fullscreen output and third encoder will be used for recording of unedited Capturew Card signal? Am I right? So additional question: Do you think my PC can handle sending edited production via Fullscreen Output and also record unedited Capture Card signal?
- How it works with inputs? If I have only one Capture card, will it be considered as one input even if I will have more prepared scenes including this Capture Card input?
- I want to use animated titles (image sequences) and other pre-rendered motion graphics - is this using nvidia NVENC? And how many inputs should I expect this HW can handle?
- And (I hope) last one - On vMix websites, there are reference systems. where is says how many inputs every system can handle..what they mean inputs? The mean inputs from Capture Cards, cameras...or inputs like texts, images, titles..?

Thank you for every respond.

Miro
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2023 7:30:56 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Groups: Registered
Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)