logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
barryondeck  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2023 2:25:27 AM(UTC)
barryondeck

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi, I do a daily live sports talk show on Twitch and I was wanting to be able to display my topics for the day, highlight the topic I'm currently on, and then advance to the next one on the list as I switch topics (bonus if I can go back to a previous topic).

I have attached an example of what they do on a show called Pardon The Interruption.

In the example you can see that the current topic is "Moon Landing", the previous topic was "Babe Ruth", and the next topic is "Toss Up!"

example

Is there a way to accomplish this in vMix without having to manually create an overlay for each topic and where I'm at in the list and the swap them out manually as I change from topic to topic?

I'd love to be able to grey out the previous topic and move the highlight to the next topic via a shortcut, or better yet, cycle through the topics using the arrow keys for example.

Thanks!

doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2023 2:29:59 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: barryondeck Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I do a daily live sports talk show on Twitch and I was wanting to be able to display my topics for the day, highlight the topic I'm currently on, and then advance to the next one on the list as I switch topics (bonus if I can go back to a previous topic).

I have attached an example of what they do on a show called Pardon The Interruption.

In the example you can see that the current topic is "Moon Landing", the previous topic was "Babe Ruth", and the next topic is "Toss Up!"

Is there a way to accomplish this in vMix without having to manually create an overlay for each topic and where I'm at in the list and the swap them out manually as I change from topic to topic?

I'd love to be able to grey out the previous topic and move the highlight to the next topic via a shortcut, or better yet, cycle through the topics using the arrow keys for example.

Thanks!

few shortcuts to change the row reference using a variable to keep track of (which line at ) and call a small script changing the appropriate text and fill colors

barryondeck  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2023 9:24:10 AM(UTC)
barryondeck

United States

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: barryondeck Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

few shortcuts to change the row reference using a variable to keep track of (which line at ) and call a small script changing the appropriate text and fill colors

Ahh. Ok. I'll look that up and dig further. Thanks!