logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ronphillips  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2023 12:01:21 PM(UTC)
ronphillips

Groups: Registered
United States

I have two vMix Call inputs that I use for callers. I use one input for the host/caller that I've been swapping the vMix call inputs out on in the layers of the master host/caller input. Note, we don't have two callers at the same time, but we do have one "on hold" until the other gets done and we switch to the other caller. This requires me to go to a different input while I'm swapping them out in the layer. While in the past I've had two different host/caller input screens, I've recently learned about creating a new Mix 2 Input that allows me to place each vMix call into the Mix 2 input and I can cut between them fairly easy by switching the vMix Mix 2 input. This allowed me to eliminate several inputs. I've set my host/caller input to be the Mix 2 Input for the guests in the main screen layers, but noticed that when I switch the host/caller input to the PROGRAM screen, it's not activating their audio like it does if the vMix call input is part of the host/caller screen layers directly. Confusing, right? Shouldn't it work the same way or no?
AudioGreg  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2023 3:38:16 PM(UTC)
AudioGreg

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
nope, automix doesn't carry thru the mix inputs. neither does tally.

i'm with you, wished it worked the way you expect. either return to your other workflow of multiple inputs (nothing wrong with this at all), or you will need to add triggers for audio that will track the mix2 switching.
thanks 1 user thanked AudioGreg for this useful post.
ronphillips on 2/10/2023(UTC)