logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rnhturner  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2023 2:49:04 PM(UTC)
rnhturner

Groups: Registered

I am trying to get the live-score-app to work with vmix and my data sources, but not like most people use it. I could use some help.

Here is the basic background.

I have multiple games I cover in a day. They are all scheduled out over the day. I only have a minute or two between games so automation is key.

I currently use an excel document as a data source. The games are listed in order, so when game is over, all I have to do is move to the next row in the data source to get the next game ready. This works great!

I have a new element I am trying to add to our program. I don't have people that can just watch the game and keep score, but I do have referees that could keep the score on their iphones using the live-score-app. So the end result is that the refs start and stop the clock and keep the score and that data gets sent to my vmix program as xml for my scorebug.

So in summary, I have my graphics packages changing based on the excel sheet. This consists of team name, team color, and other information pertinent to that team. It changes my colors and text on all my titles in about a second after I change rows. I then have the score and the clock being controlled by the referees and I get that information over XML into vmix.

Here is the need:

The refs don't have access to changing the team names on the iphone app, and this can only be done on the live-score-app desktop that is in my trailer with me OR it can be done using an API. The refs need the team names so they know which team to give the score too. Otherwise they can only use Home and Away, but then they have to remember which team is home and which team is away. I WANT the team name in the live-score-app to change based on the data row I am on in vmix. The Live-Score-App can use HTTP Rest API, and if I can get vMix to send it based on the data row change AND hit the submit button with the API, I can then send the name of the team to the app the ref is using. Can someone help me figure this out????
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2023 4:34:39 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
If the score app can send HTTP Rest API then vMix scripting might be able to send the same command to the phone i would guess
SO would be a classical read of what is in your title and send it to the phone directly wit httprequest

should be enough info in the scriptig for dummies post
rnhturner  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2023 1:31:21 PM(UTC)
rnhturner

How does one get vMix to trigger the http request on data source change. Meaning can vMix read the data (change of team name) and then send that data to the API? If so, how? I guess I am a big dummy because I can't figure this out in scripting for dummies.