logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jmslnch  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 9:52:43 AM(UTC)
Jmslnch

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello! I've looked through existing topics but couldn't find this information, however I apologize if it has been covered before -

I am attempting to create titles that include presentation titles, speaker names and speaker organizations alongside photos. I have the information reading just fine from a Google Sheet data source (including the pictures!), however I am curious if there is a way to display the fields from the data source in conditionally formatted - or dependent - ways.

For example -

Sometimes titles are long, sometimes they are short. In either case, I would like to display the smaller name and org text directly below the title. Is there a way to present those fields one line below the title, no matter whether the title is one line or four lines long?

Also, I would love to draw the name and org information from three separate fields in the data source table. So "Column1 Column2, Column3" would read as "firstname lastname, organization". Is there a way to format for that sort of layout, no matter the length of name etc?

I think I have phrased these questions clearly, however I am happy to elaborate or provide screenshots if further clarification is needed. Thanks so much!
gre2gor  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 3:36:20 PM(UTC)
gre2gor

Slovenia

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
You could concatenate, split fields in google sheet in a way you want. I have not found a good option in GT title.
thanks 1 user thanked gre2gor for this useful post.
Jmslnch on 1/25/2023(UTC)
doggy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 6:03:10 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jmslnch Go to Quoted Post
Hello!

Also, I would love to draw the name and org information from three separate fields in the data source table. So "Column1 Column2, Column3" would read as "firstname lastname, organization". Is there a way to format for that sort of layout, no matter the length of name etc?

Have a script read these 3 columns from a title (not visible whne title is displayed) and concatenat with a layout to your liking and write that to a visible textfield
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
Jmslnch on 1/25/2023(UTC)
Jmslnch  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2023 1:55:50 AM(UTC)
Jmslnch

United States

Originally Posted by: gre2gor Go to Quoted Post
You could concatenate, split fields in google sheet in a way you want. I have not found a good option in GT title.

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jmslnch Go to Quoted Post
Hello!

Have a script read these 3 columns from a title (not visible whne title is displayed) and concatenat with a layout to your liking and write that to a visible textfield

Excellent, yes concatenate seeems to be the simple solution, I've found a format that works well for my purposes, thank you both!

@doggy - I have looked through your scripting for dummies post and would love to understand more about that. I am not much for scripts but appreciate your collection of useful info there and will try to incorporate more as needs arise. If there are any other base level tutorials or info around scripts in vMix I would love to check them out!

Thanks again to both, this has solved my immediate questions :)