logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeregan  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2023 7:32:02 PM(UTC)
jeregan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 3 post(s)
First off, I set up PTZ Virtual input shortcut buttons that execute a camera movement when in PREVIEW.

For many years (about 8) I have had scripts that check that a camera is NOT in program before it executes the virtual PTZ movement in preview. I have shared it a few times over the years in the vMix forums.

This works REALLY well. It means the technical director/person running the show doesn't accidently move a camera that is in program by mistake. It takes a huge stress load off the people I have trained knowing they won't accidentally move a live camera.

** It would be really cool if vMix built this in: A simple check box like 'Program Check' on the virtual PTZ input, whereby it does the following:

(Here is how it works for my scripts):

When I press a shortcut to a PTZ virtual input movement for a camera, my script first checks to see if the real camera input is already in program.

* If the real camera that this PTZ Virtual shot represents is NOT in program, then the Virtual PTZ movement is executed and the camera is put in the preview bus as normal. As soon as the PTZ movement is triggered, the virtual input is now irrelevant. So the preview bus is then UPDATED to the REAL camera input. This comes in handy later for both ease of use for the person running the show, as well as is used to keep track of the real camera in preview, as well as for Tally lights.

* Now, if the REAL input IS in program, when the PTZ virtual input button, mouse click, whatever is selected, then the camera real camera represented by this virtual PTZ input still shows up in PREVIEW, but the camera does NOT move to the preprogrammed PTZ shots. This saves an embarrassing oops on the program out. AT THIS POINT, the camera can be moved in a live fashion via a normal game pad or other manual camera control methods used to move a camera that is in preview, but also happens to be in program.

This works REALLY well. It means the technical director/person running the show doesn't accidently move a camera that is in program by mistake.

I hope people vote for this... I have set it up for many environments, but it would be lots easier if it was built in. :)

Jeff
thanks 1 user thanked jeregan for this useful post.
Dan Whitaker on 4/22/2023(UTC)
stewthompson2  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2023 12:55:42 AM(UTC)
stewthompson2

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1 This is a must!