logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SPSTech  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2023 12:49:23 AM(UTC)
SPSTech

Groups: Registered
United States

Been researching how the run on startup options for NDI Tools works and got it to work on admin rights accounts for devices. But any attempt to do it on a simple user account fails.

One method might be to give the end user "local admin rights" for the device -- but this defeats our most common security measure for machines.

This is for an e-sports setup where the team members in the school lab all login with same user on three different windows devices. NDI Screen Capture, set to "run on startup" fails even after preset of option and a close and restart cycle. We use the NDI feed back to Vmix for screen presentation, streaming live and recording with voice over.

So does anyone have a list of possible command line args that could be used on the startup so I can fix this into the local account instance? I know this is not a sys admin forum but many of us dabble in these scripting and bat file activities enough to hope someone has worked this out.

NDI forum was useless...a few discussions of startup commands and same issue, a promise of a command line list from forum operators (in 2018!) but no follow up.

I did see that someone sells a NDI tools startup script... the easy way out I guess but not sure if it circumvents the admin/regular user issue.

thanks
Scott B
mavik  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2023 10:43:51 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"
or
start myProgram.exe param1
exit
AudioGreg  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2023 3:37:39 AM(UTC)
AudioGreg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
i just park a shortcut for screen capture in the startup folder