logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoostH  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2023 5:42:28 AM(UTC)
JoostH

Groups: Registered
Netherlands

Please forgive me this half-layman's question. I usually use vMix 4K for hosting of Zoom-based webinars. So, a fairly simple use.

I'm now thinking how to use vMix for a private project: remote board gaming. The situation is:

• 2-3 players locally on one site, one camera per player (USB webcam or smartphone NDI HX app)
  • one USB conference microphone
  • one player on a remote location (different town or country) with camera and microphone
  • 4-6 cameras (USB webcam or smartphone NDI HX) for details of the game board and cards

What I want to achieve

• locally display the remote player - easy, either with Zoom or vMix Call
  • creating 2-4 views from the the local camera's - also easy with vMix
  • the tricky part: streaming those 2-4 views to the remote player over the internet (so that the remote player can randomly switch between views for inspecting board and card details. Only one view (the players) needs to have a decent frame rate. The resolution of the other views is important, the frame rate can be (very) low as the info is quasi-static.

As this is a private home project, a commercial solution like NDI Cloud is off limits. Of course I could go for a Zoom-based solution, using one computer per view, each logging into the zoom session, receiving an NDI stream from vMix to them over the LAN. But can't I do this simpler with one (Windows) computer? I tried to look into RMTP, but I can only create a single stream with vMix (right?). That would give me two streams: one via Zoom, one via RMTP. Is that the best I can get?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for reading,
Joost