logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nrclevenger  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 6:21:58 AM(UTC)
nrclevenger

Groups: Registered
United States

Can we get a clip logging function? We want to use vMix to play ads during breaks in tennis matches. We would love to have the ability to show clients how many times we have run a specific clip.

Another functionality question: Is there any way we can get the playlist function reworked to a usable state? for example, we would like to be able to stack a queue of 2-4 clips, via drag and drop into a pane ideally we would like to see this in a right or left side panel, maybe even the ability to store a couple often reused queues as a quick queue. This is kind of similar to the playlist functionality, but the playlist functionality is a mystery to most of our ops as its so convoluted and poorly designed that its basically useless. This could either be done via reworking and renaming the playlist function or adding a new queue function. please ask questions if this is not clear enough.

As well, can we add the ability to set the length of stills in playlists (not just lists) and this new/reworked queue functionality?

Also, is there a way to add a more robust autosave/recovery function? not all software and hardware is perfect, and if something crashes we would like to automatically be able to recover our most recent setup in a more robust way. For example, if I have a preset called "Miami open" and I am saving things to it, I would like to see it save every few minutes or even every half hour, that way if I open "Miami open" after a crash, it will resume the most recent changes it saved, instead of having to open "last" which sometimes does not work.

Is it possible to add a timer under all windows a clip is playing in? for example, at an event we were using Layers to play content over a background on a scoreboard, but in order to see the time remaining on the clip I would have to preview the clip before playing it. There should be a way to see the time remaining on the clip without the extra interaction.

Additionally, is it possible to add a functionality which would to store and recall layer data? more akin to an M/E store and recall function. It would be nice to have the layer functionality work more like an M/E bus.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 7:02:29 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nrclevenger Go to Quoted Post
Can we get a clip logging function? We want to use vMix to play ads during breaks in tennis matches. We would love to have the ability to show clients how many times we have run a specific clip.

Another functionality question: Is there any way we can get the playlist function reworked to a usable state? for example, we would like to be able to stack a queue of 2-4 clips, via drag and drop into a pane ideally we would like to see this in a right or left side panel, maybe even the ability to store a couple often reused queues as a quick queue. This is kind of similar to the playlist functionality, but the playlist functionality is a mystery to most of our ops as its so convoluted and poorly designed that its basically useless. This could either be done via reworking and renaming the playlist function or adding a new queue function. please ask questions if this is not clear enough.

As well, can we add the ability to set the length of stills in playlists (not just lists) and this new/reworked queue functionality?

Also, is there a way to add a more robust autosave/recovery function? not all software and hardware is perfect, and if something crashes we would like to automatically be able to recover our most recent setup in a more robust way. For example, if I have a preset called "Miami open" and I am saving things to it, I would like to see it save every few minutes or even every half hour, that way if I open "Miami open" after a crash, it will resume the most recent changes it saved, instead of having to open "last" which sometimes does not work.

Is it possible to add a timer under all windows a clip is playing in? for example, at an event we were using Layers to play content over a background on a scoreboard, but in order to see the time remaining on the clip I would have to preview the clip before playing it. There should be a way to see the time remaining on the clip without the extra interaction.

Additionally, is it possible to add a functionality which would to store and recall layer data? more akin to an M/E store and recall function. It would be nice to have the layer functionality work more like an M/E bus.

Its not a good idea to have multiple requests in one post as vMix considers them based on the indiviual responses.
Check if similar requests have been made and plus one them for better consideration by vMix

Regarding clip logging there have been a few posts in this forum regarding this ( some with scripting ideas) ,

playlist function reworked to a usable state? thats bold. drag and drop can be done in a list . Both list and playlists can have multiple preset ones (check the dropdowns), one can set the duration for still images (double click the item)

Overall scripting is a great option for custom needs
jozee  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2023 7:21:08 PM(UTC)
jozee

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Try this for showing clip time: