logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
antz  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 6:20:04 AM(UTC)
antz

Groups: Registered

Hi folks,

I tried searching iphone camera on the forum and it did not give me relevant result.

Just wondering if there is a way to be able to use iPhone camera as a video source with very little delay?

I tried to stream to my rtmp server from iphone and then capture the rtmp url and I get lots of latency. around 5 secs even if I set the latency to zero when I am adding the input.

Anyone who has better idea?

Would be great if there will be something built in on vMix to add iPhone camera as input when they are on the same network :)

Thanks
moxfreezer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 7:15:50 AM(UTC)
moxfreezer

Hi,

I've tried the App "EpocCam". It's avaible for iPhone, Android and Nokia's. It works with WLAN and it's just a little delay but I think for Wifi it's ok.
Download the App and install the server software on your PC. After that you can put the Epoccam directly in vmix as a camera source.

If you have questions, you can contact me and sorry for my bad english ;-)
tdurhamjr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 11:29:59 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I just played with the EpocCam and it is not acceptable for streaming. It is very choppy. It would be great if it worked well but it did not. Maybe there are some other similar programs that will work smoothly. Great concept if it worked.

--Edit--
I was using a Note3 (android).
Ittaidv  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 6:29:17 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
I tested many camera apps over wifi, it never worked smooth. It's more related to the wifi then to the app you use.
antz  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:31:48 AM(UTC)
antz

Thanks all. I guess there's nothing much to do now except use other camera source.

GeorgeR  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:16:26 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
You might want to try Skype. There are also IP webcam apps in the iTunes and Google Play stores. I have used an Android app called IP Webcam as well as Skype and they both work fine.

antz wrote:
Hi folks,

I tried searching iphone camera on the forum and it did not give me relevant result.

Just wondering if there is a way to be able to use iPhone camera as a video source with very little delay?

I tried to stream to my rtmp server from iphone and then capture the rtmp url and I get lots of latency. around 5 secs even if I set the latency to zero when I am adding the input.

Anyone who has better idea?

Would be great if there will be something built in on vMix to add iPhone camera as input when they are on the same network :)

Thanks