logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paul CVP  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2023 3:22:46 PM(UTC)
Paul CVP

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

I have a Excel/CSV data source with a 2 fields of data working well with a GTtitle I have set up.

What I would like to do is when an input is sent to live I what the title to come up with the data from the text file based on a row value either by the number or the actual data from the file.

So, if the input is a picture of a Ford Laser then the tile shows the text Ford Laser 1999 (data from the csv file). I would of course need to setup the trigger for that picture to use selected row I want. If posible I would also like to define the period of time the title is up before it closes itself down.

I have tried various combinations but cannot get it working.

Can you please give me an example I can use as a guide?
thanks
Paul

Using vMix 25 HD

dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2023 1:56:31 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
I think you are on the right track.

"OnTransitionIn" on your Ford Laser 1999 image use function "DataSourceSelectRow". The "Name,Table,Index" field is most probably the source for the problems. Make sure there are no spaces between the commas.
Also "OnTransitionIn" on this input with a short delay (500) use function "OverlayInput1In" with your GT Title.
And finally "OnTransitionIn" on this input with a delay (eg. 10500 if you want to show it 10 seconds) use function "OverlayInput1Out" with your GT Title.
Paul CVP  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2023 6:22:14 AM(UTC)
Paul CVP

New Zealand

Still no go - no title displayed at all when ran.

I have attached some screen shots so hopefully that might tell you what I am doing wrong Flashdance.jpg (52kb) downloaded 2 time(s). Datasource.jpg (37kb) downloaded 0 time(s). Datasource1.jpg (20kb) downloaded 0 time(s). GTTitle.jpg (50kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

thanks
Paul
dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2023 6:49:05 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

The triggers in the gtzip input have to be in the Flashdance input (so you have three triggers in the Flashdance input), and as input you have to select the gtzip input instead of "Preview".
Paul CVP  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2023 7:08:35 AM(UTC)
Paul CVP

New Zealand

Thanks I am getting closer as the title is now displaying but the datasourceselectrow is not working as it displays whatever was set in the GTtitle preview.
dmwkr  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2023 7:46:07 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

If I see it right on the screenshot, in the first trigger you have a "." after CSV, and not a ",".
Paul CVP  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 8:10:50 AM(UTC)
Paul CVP

New Zealand

thanks for your help and yes I got it working now and yes I got the "." and "," mixed up as well as during the testing I left the selection on a fixed row instead of selected.
An interesting note is the row number used in the is datasourceselectrow is offset to the row number in the data source manager so I had to put in a padding row to align them.