logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
techie_v2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2023 12:28:25 AM(UTC)
techie_v2

Groups: Registered

Hi All

I'm having trouble with an ASIO driver for one of my USB mixing desks. Back during the first lockdown here in the UK I used it fine for a live stream with 3 mics plugged in and could bring them in as 3 separate input in vmix, i still have the preset for that but the PC I did it on has since been replaced. Now I can get it to work properly

The mixing desk is a Yamaha mw12cx and Im using vmix version 25.0.0.31

With the USB form the desk unplugged, when choose Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO as the audio device form the add input window, i get channels listed form 1 to 32 (the desk only goes up to 11/12) but if i open vmix with the desk plugged in via USB i only get 3 options in channels, USB Audio CODEC + USB Audio CODEC, USB Audio CODEC and USB Audio CODEC. No matter which option I choose I get audio from every desk channel at once.

The drive I have installed in the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver v2.1.3 im pretty sure its the right one, I cant find any others.....?

I Also have the drivers for an Allen & Heath QU16 installed and that works fine with vmix and I can select all the independent channels, just not on the yamaha

Thanks for any help you can give

mtone  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2023 9:36:39 AM(UTC)
mtone

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
not 100% sure but it sounds like you are using the wrong driver.. maybe ask on yamaha support ?