logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rick C.  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2022 9:55:27 AM(UTC)
Rick C.

Groups: Registered
United States

We have been using Vmix to live stream our church services for the last few (2-3) years. Wanting to add a second camera and use a Roland v1hd switcher but can't get a picture in the vmix. It comes thru on the preview screen but not on vmix. And now, I can't even get the picture back to the way it WAS before trying to hook up the Roland. All I get is a blue screen on the vmix. Where the preview is. have tried restarting the computer, shutting off the camera, even UNPULGGING everything !! I have to state right now, I'm not a "Techie" type person. So as plain English as you can, Please. If anyone can help
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2023 11:45:37 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
When you access Add Camera in vMix, does vMix recognize the Roland in the list of camera sources?

The Roland v1HD has two (2) video busses, A & B. Make sure you have Bus A (PGM) activated.

Does the Output settings on your camera match the Input setting in vMix when you add a camera?

Have you tried switching cameras?

What capture device are you using for your first camera?
Rick C.  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2023 1:16:50 AM(UTC)
Rick C.

United States

I didn't think I would have to RE add the camera. It's the same camera, just going thru the vMix now. Yes, I tried both the A & B bus, neither work. We only have the one camera for now. Planning on getting a second camera. Wanted to try and get things set up for it. The capture is the same one we were using when we first set up the camera. a StarTech UVCHDCAP that came.
SportsNetUSA.net  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2023 6:35:39 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

You would have to add the camera again because it is going through the Roland V1HD switcher and not the StarTech USB capture. As I asked previously, does vMix recognize the Roland V1HD as a source in the Add Camera drop down?
Rick C.  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2023 8:51:53 AM(UTC)
Rick C.

United States

Honestly,I haven't even looked at it yet today.It's at our church and I didn't get out of the house today. I was trying to get ideas for when I do go over. And I was told that whatever we do to go into the vMix for the Live stream , it HAS to go thru the capture because of copyright issues. I was also looking at maybe we have to do some updates for our computer to recognize the Roland ?
Rick C.  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 10:51:33 AM(UTC)
Rick C.

United States

So, make it short. We have a friend of a friend that is audio/ video tech that has run vMix for Years.and was able to get the Roland to work with the vmix. and at $110 an hr I'm glad it didn't take him more then one hr. Has was scratching his head for a while but after getting into alot of settings (looked like he was typing a letter) it finally works. Thanks for hearing me out. Sorry I sounded Like a dumb dumb but I did say I wasn't real tech savvy.
SportsNetUSA.net  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 11:08:41 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Glad the issue was resolved and you can start using the Roland for your services.
Rick C.  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2023 9:14:58 AM(UTC)
Rick C.

United States

Don't know what to say, or what to do ??? As I stated THOUGHT we had the problem fitted. This tech did some changes in settings, we had everything working fine. Shut everything off. Turned it on Sunday and we were right back to where we started. Couldn't get a picture, just a blue screen. I'm guessing we will have to get rid of the Roland switcher and find one that will work with the vMix. Anyone have any suggestions ??
WaltG12  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 9:27:54 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
So you have a failure point.

That could be the switcher, the HDMI card, the computer, the OS, or vMix.

Your first step should be narrowing it down.

Start simple--connect an HDMI Out on the switcher directly to your monitor. Make sure there's a picture and that it's the picture it's supposed to be.

If there's no picture, your issue is in the board or cable. Nothing you do on the computer will fix it.

If you're getting the picture you expect, then you have to move on to more complicated things.

Your signal chain is Camera -> Switcher -> StarTech UVCHDCAP -> Computer, correct?

With absolutely nothing plugged in to the StarTech UVCHDCAP, see if you can still open it as a camera in vMix.

If you can, what does the result give you?

Now, close vMix and open the native Windows 10 camera app. See if you can select it from the camera selection menu.

If you can, what's the result?

Close the app, turn on your HDMI camera, and connect it directly to the capture card. Reopen the native Windows 10 camera app. Has anything changed?

If you can't select it in the native camera app, whether anything is connected or not, I'd suggest, if possible, installing OBS and running the same tests above, in the exact same manner, with "OBS" substituted for "native camera app".

If everything above is working as intended, run through the step again with the board connected instead of the camera.

That you had it working before, and that you're getting the same blue screen with the camera connected directly, which previously worked without issue, leads me to think there's something else at play here.

I'd also suggest asking your friend of a friend what specific actions they took. Knowing that could help diagnose the issue. It could also help you fix it moving forward if there was a settings issue that somehow reverted.

I know this is a lot, but there are a lot of things to rule out. It could be something as simple as a bad cable or a finnicky port.

Going through and testing everything is really the only way to say with any certainty where the problem lies.
thanks 1 user thanked WaltG12 for this useful post.
Rick C. on 1/27/2023(UTC)