logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FdFilosof  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 8:55:01 PM(UTC)
FdFilosof

Groups: Registered
Man
Russian Federation

Hello!

For some reasons i want to change my streaming program from OBS to vMix, but i've got a problem, which i cannot solve. In OBS we already have a feature to separate our audio channels between LIVE and VOD sound, so viewers can hear music sound (for example) on LIVE and on VOD this audio track just will be deleted.

Snimok ehkrana 2022-12-22 134046.png (16kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

So - i need a solution how to do the same o vMix. I tried to ask Twitch support - but they have no idea about technical issues of this level:
Quote:
Hello FdFilosof,
Thank you for reaching out!
Unfortunately, we at support cannot provide support for technical issues as we are not well versed in OBS or vMix and we would not want provide unwarranted advice.
I am sorry I cannot be of further service for your inquiry.
Best Regards
Twitch Partner Help

I'm also tried to test this on vMix (just created two audio channels, BUS A and BUS B and send them to the Master separated (i thought may be on Twitch side is just 2 audio channels so 1'st always going in to the LIVE and 2'nd one on VOD) but it doesn't work). I dunno, may be this feature working only for OBS and created only for this program.

Any ideas to test with? I'll be glad to any help!
mavik  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 9:12:06 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Hi,
Master = Stream and Record
Buses = For individual setup

In your case route everything that you want to stream live to the master.
Then in the recording settings you can specify what audio you want to record. Let's say you setup Bus A for VOD then select that in the Audio dropdown. Make sure that all sounds that should be recorded have Bus A enabled.

That will give you two different audios for live and recording, assuming recording will be used for VOD.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
FdFilosof on 12/23/2022(UTC)
FdFilosof  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2022 9:34:57 PM(UTC)
FdFilosof

Man
Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Then in the recording settings you can specify what audio you want to record. Let's say you setup Bus A for VOD then select that in the Audio dropdown. Make sure that all sounds that should be recorded have Bus A enabled.

That will give you two different audios for live and recording, assuming recording will be used for VOD.

Thank you for your reply!

Maybe you didn't understand me exactly, the point is that I mean recording on the Twitch side, not on my side. So (in the case of OBS) I send separated audio tracks to Twitch, one of them goes on the air - and the other to the recording (which will be posted automatically on Twitch itself by Twitch servers).

The question is, is there any way I can send separated audio tracks from my side (via vMix) so that Twitch receives them the same way it does via OBS.
Narcogen  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 12:35:56 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi,

Specifically with regard to Twitch, this isn't what an end user means by "VOD"-- it's not a recording they make locally and upload when it's finished, it's the recording that Twitch keeps of the live broadcast for on-demand viewing afterwards.

Twitch through an extension to RTMP that's supported in OBS, accepts two different audio tracks during a live stream-- one it plays during the live broadcast, and another it plays during VOD playback. The purpose is to allow for the live use of copyrighted material, usually music, while scrubbing this from the VOD.

Vmix does support this feature. If you want to use it, you must use OBS or a fork of OBS that supports this Twitch-specific feature.
thanks 1 user thanked Narcogen for this useful post.
FdFilosof on 12/23/2022(UTC)
FdFilosof  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 11:47:04 PM(UTC)
FdFilosof

Man
Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: Narcogen Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Specifically with regard to Twitch, this isn't what an end user means by "VOD"-- it's not a recording they make locally and upload when it's finished, it's the recording that Twitch keeps of the live broadcast for on-demand viewing afterwards.

Twitch through an extension to RTMP that's supported in OBS, accepts two different audio tracks during a live stream-- one it plays during the live broadcast, and another it plays during VOD playback. The purpose is to allow for the live use of copyrighted material, usually music, while scrubbing this from the VOD.

Vmix does support this feature. If you want to use it, you must use OBS or a fork of OBS that supports this Twitch-specific feature.

To be clear - vMix does support this feature or doesn't? :)
Dist  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2022 2:59:43 AM(UTC)
Dist

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narcogen Go to Quoted Post
The purpose is to allow for the live use of copyrighted material, usually music, while scrubbing this from the VOD.

Just to be clear as this is a legal point, the broadcaster still needs the appropriate licenses to use the audio in the Live broadcast. Just because Twitch would use Track 6 for the VoD Track which may not contain the same content as Track 1 does not allow the broadcaster to circumvent DMCA. It's intended purpose is for use with Twitch SoundTrack, which is specifically licensed for Live broadcast but not VoD playback.

Additionally, as far as I know vMix doesn't support this as it's not as simple as sending another audio stream, there's additional metadata that needs to be included and generally vMix is lacking in some of the stream aspects which is why for this purpose most Twitch streamers who use vMix use vMix for production but still NDI to OBS Studio to stream as it provides more control and status feedback over the stream.

thanks 1 user thanked Dist for this useful post.
FdFilosof on 12/27/2022(UTC)
rgroesb  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 6:18:18 AM(UTC)
rgroesb

+1

Is ffmpeg capable of inserting extra track 6?

In that case the twitch flow in vmix could incorporate that option quite easily?

Vmix and Twitch should be more in love with eachother 😝

Twitch is big!
(As Vmix is big…)