logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chalececilthis  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2022 2:10:21 AM(UTC)
chalececilthis

Groups: Registered
Ghana

Hi guys.

So I was playing a Christmas gig today using an ATEM Mini Pro USB output so I was unable to record on the ATEM. However, I used the Multicorder function in vMix to record my video input from my ATEM. I selected the option to create a new file after every 30 mins to stay on the safer side.

However after about an hour and half, I began to get a CPU overloaded error in vMix although I was not running any other graphics intensive apps aside vMix. I checked Task manager and found out it was ffmpeg chewing up around 70% of CPU. I realized my input video kept lagging a little bit but after a few minutes of the CPU overloaded error, it stopped.

It began to throw the error again after another 10 mins, stopped for a while, began again and was like that till the end of the event. After the end of the event I checked my files and realized that after the 3rd file, the remaining files were over 30 mins even tho I had selected the option to create a new file every 30 mins.

I tried opening these files and only the first three files played correctly. The rest of the files over 30 mins play audio correctly but video is frozen on the first frame till the end of the video. has anyone faced this issue too? Is there a fix for it to get the files?

Please help. I really need to put these files together and slap the audio under to send to my bosses. If there is any solution anyone can help me with, kindly help me out. I am really in deep trouble.

Below is a screenshot to further illustrate the issue.

Screenshot_20221218_041311.png (90kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
DetoxX  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2022 8:03:15 AM(UTC)
DetoxX

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Chale, thats a difficult issue. Not sure there is a way to recover those files, but one thing i would recomend is not recording with ffmpeg. Simple MP4 would have made things much more simple
chalececilthis  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2022 9:19:57 PM(UTC)
chalececilthis

Ghana

I just wanted a much better quality for the client. I guess I’ve learnt my lesson. Hmmm
DetoxX  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2022 9:49:17 PM(UTC)
DetoxX

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In case you haven't tried indexing the files, try indexing with vmix video tools to see if you get any result
elvis55  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2022 10:02:01 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Recordings in FFMPEG MOV or MP4 formats may not play correctly in some programs.
https://www.vmix.com/kno...rrectly-in-some-programs
chalececilthis  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2022 1:27:46 AM(UTC)
chalececilthis

Ghana

Originally Posted by: elvis55 Go to Quoted Post
Recordings in FFMPEG MOV or MP4 formats may not play correctly in some programs.
https://www.vmix.com/kno...rrectly-in-some-programs

I recorded using the MOV (Indexed) format so I don't think I need to index the files again but I'll try. Thank you.

chalececilthis  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2022 1:29:39 AM(UTC)
chalececilthis

Ghana

Originally Posted by: DetoxX Go to Quoted Post
In case you haven't tried indexing the files, try indexing with vmix video tools to see if you get any result

I recorded using the MOV (Indexed) format so I don't think I need to index the files again but I'll try. Thank you.