logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ubugarrity  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2022 10:47:18 AM(UTC)
ubugarrity

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Hikvision IP camera that I've added to Vmix using RTSP. The video will be smoother for about 8-10 seconds and then freeze for a second. If I have the live view from Hikvision NVR and an RTSP stream in VLC open at the same time as Vmix, The NVR and VLC stream the video with no freezing but the Vmix does. So I have 3 screens showing the video from the IP camera showing at the same time and the Vmix is the only one with the issue.
Any idea why this is? I've tried changing the settings in the camera but always the same result. Any ideas would be appreciated.
John Wigglesworth  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2022 9:52:50 PM(UTC)
John Wigglesworth

Singapore

I've done a few projects with Hikvision PTZ cameras, it could be a few things. Firstly try increasing the streaming buffer, that generally fixes most freezing issues, at the expense of delaying the video which was an OK tradeoff for me.
Which RTSP option are you using RTSP over UDP / TCP or the VLC option - I found the VLC plugin more stable
Also not sure of the model you are using but there can be several constraints on the camera settings. It could also be that you are asking too much of the camera (or network connection) to deliver three streams simultaneously.
I've had two cameras each running two 1080/50P streams at 16Mbps over a Ubiqiti 5Ghz wireless connection with no problems
ubugarrity  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2022 9:56:12 PM(UTC)
ubugarrity

United States

I was getting the issue with one stream. So if I add two more stream and they're fine, seems to be a vmix thing.
I'm having the trouble when I add the camera under RTSP UDP. so I tried adding the camera under VLC RTSP and it seems to work fine. I then opened two inputs for the same camera, one RTSP UDP and one VLC RTSP, at the same time. Sure enough the RTSP UDP freezes every once in a while while the VLC input is steady. The VLC input is slightly delayed longer than the RTSP UDP but that's not really a problem for what I'm doing.
If there's any camera settings you'd recommend that might help, please let me know. I think I have everything in the camera I don't need disabled.
Pavel  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2023 8:43:52 PM(UTC)
Pavel

John.
You can please write the type of camera you use. Thank you