logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichShumaker  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2022 5:29:09 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Shortcut(API) for MultiView(Layers) Zoom and XY Position

Where to start. Let's start with what exists as Shortcuts(API).
Zoom per Input, X & Y Position per Input.

This allows me to % a Zoom or X and Y position for an individual Input. No nudge except I guess you might be able to +% and move it incrementally that way(Not sure as I have not done this)

What else exists, Virtual PTZ
The issue is that PTZ is only Zoom In unlike positional moves on an Input or MultiView(Layer) that can be In or Out.

Now the most important part of any request the why and how does it help your production.

How does it help my Production.
Time and more time I have set up several 10 layer "Blank" Inputs to be used in my production
To do that requires me to go to each layer and adjust the Size(Zoom In or Out) and Position(X,Y,Z) by hand. All adjustments and tweaks require time. The more fixes and asjustments the more time it takes.

With Shortcuts(API) I could easily set up buttons to zoom in or out as well as move in any direction on a specific layer.

I understand I can create a "base" look with 10 layers and then create a virtual input from this and reposition things This is how I currently do things

The issue becomes if Input 1 has an issue and let's say I have 3 Virtual Inputs from this I now need to fix 4 Inputs by hand as I can't copy all parameters as that would undo the work on the new Virtual Input.
RichShumaker  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2022 11:21:49 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I see there are 2 other posts about this One from 3 years ago

I came back to say I do not see this feature being implemented as it is a poor man's PTZ.

Just as MultiView(Layers) are disabled in vMix HD Basic as it is sold with 1 Overlay and Layers are the Poor Man's Overlay.

Same here if you can move layers then that is a Virtual PTZ. And since the Shortcuts(API) are "universal" by implementing this they would give Virtual PTZ to all levels of the product.

I completely understand the decision as you need to make enough to stay in business and giving away advanced paid features defeats this purpose.

What I am going to start using is SetZoom and SetPanX/Y with Virtual Inputs for a convoluted workaround to reduce the time it takes me to setup my production.

I am super glad they added 15 Mix Inputs for vMix 26 as that is another feature I hoped to get, More Mix Inputs. By the way that is how I will be designing my next show with what I call a Super Master Input with All Mix Inputs on a Single Master Input. Hence the reason I need a way to Move Layers Quickly.