logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mct  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2022 11:03:10 AM(UTC)
mct

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

We have multiple PCs built with the reference system Ruby with the exact same hardware and the DeckLink Quad 2 randomly disconnect on boot. We have to fully shutdown, sometimes multiple times, for it to finally appear and work. Bios, Firmwares and drivers all up to date.

Ruby Reference: https://www.vmix.com/pro...erence-systems.aspx#ruby

We have the Gigabyte Z490 AORUS, which FYI is not actually 2x PCIe x16 but one 16x or two 8x. So description is wrong in the reference.
Nvidia RTX Quadro A4000
Blackmagic Decklink Quad 2
Intel Core i7 either 10700 or 11700 (I'll have to confirm)
32Gb of RAM
2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 1TB SSD

So not sure what is up. We tried different settings in the Bios and nothing changes. Still the same random issue. Anyone had this issue or have a bios suggestion?

Thanks,
gre2gor  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 12:16:00 AM(UTC)
gre2gor

Slovenia

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi,
sometimes I have same problems with RTX2080 and i9 9900K. What I suspect is that my power supply is lacking. I am thinking to go 800W or something? My other hunch is that Chrome is taking over some ports on Decklink and then vMix can not use them. I have not yet confirmed any of the hunches. Or I am totally off course with this?
Grega
mct  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 11:45:42 AM(UTC)
mct

The card disappears in the Bios, so it's not another app taking control of it. The build is exactly as the ruby reference, with 32gb of ram instead of 16gb. Pretty weird.
DMack  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 7:33:17 AM(UTC)
DMack

United States

I have definitely had this happen many times. I reached out to Blackmagic about it but they were not able to provide any solutions. My SOP at start up is to use the Blackmagic Desktop video software to confirm the Quad 2 has been recognized before going any further. 6 out of 10 times it is there, the other four might take 1 restart or multiple restarts until it is found. Once it is detected it is rock solid but something on boot up conflicts with it. I recently turned off several start at boot utilities(Xkeys and a couple others) and it has been more consistent since then. Maybe 8 out of 10.
mct  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 7:36:40 AM(UTC)
mct

Thanks for the feedback! Looks like what we're living. Unfortunately rebooting is not the ideal situation for us as we have 17 machines with these cards.

Has it been fine once you got them detected, or do you have other issues when using them?
DMack  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 8:18:23 AM(UTC)
DMack

United States

As long as it is detected at start up I have never had an issue with it after that. Through long days of production I have never had one lose its connection or stop functioning. The only real alternative is an AJA card that costs 3-4 times as much.
mct  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 8:20:32 AM(UTC)
mct

Ok! That's hopeful. Thank you.

Yeah we've been looking into AJA or maybe Matrox or Magewell, but can't find much choices for 8x bi-directional sdi cards.
plizon  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2022 5:59:00 PM(UTC)
plizon

France

Hi,

we had the same problem here (not the same computer as yours). We permanently fixed it by inserting the decklink in the other PCIe port of our computer.