logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jammerxd  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 2:14:43 PM(UTC)
jammerxd

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
With the way NVIDIA is marketing and surgarging for their 40-series by selling a 4070 card as a 4080 and adding a $200-400 up-charge, I'm betting AMD's RDNA3 is going to be within a few % of performance AND beat NVIDIA's price by a lot. This kind of marketing shenanigans by NVIDIA is harmful to consumers and the FTC should get involved in this.

Jay at JayzTwoCents explains some of the problems with the 4080 12GB 192-bit bus vs 4080 16GB 256-bit bus and the difference of $900 vs $1200.

I'd like to make a request that vMix steps into the realm of hardware compatibility for both AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards.

hmvelez  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2022 11:16:03 PM(UTC)
hmvelez

United States

I agree
mjgraves  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2022 1:11:56 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Not sure why the outrage. Intel has sold the same CPUs clocked at different speeds for various prices for decades.

vMix is optimized for nVidia GPUs. Would you be willing to pay for the effort to optimize for AMD GPUs?
damean  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2022 3:57:07 AM(UTC)
damean

Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
With the RDNA3 announcement today and its price point, AMD certainly seems to be a good contender for streaming rigs, especially based on their improvements to their encode architecture beginning to rival NVENC properly. OBS is starting to integrate the AMF encoding, so even if Vmix is able to offer it as a plug-in or a selectable architecture it would be nice. And no I'm not comparing Vmix and OBS. I use both for very different purposes and workflows, but would like to be able to run Vmix at a high performance level on an all-AMD rig as it would be a significant value proposition (being able to have 2 AMD systems for almost the price of one Intel+Nvidia system with similar performance).
thanks 1 user thanked damean for this useful post.
sadickes on 11/15/2022(UTC)