logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andreas O  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2022 8:19:11 PM(UTC)
Andreas O

Groups: Registered
Norway

Hello,

We have a 3-camera NDI based studio where we stream to Vimeo in either the 6Mb/s or 4,5Mb/s RTMP settings.

We are frequently encountering this error and either stuttering or dropping out completely.

[dshow @ 02907e20] real-time buffer [vMix Video YV12] [video input] too full or near too full (75% of size: 128000000 [rtbufsize parameter])! frame dropped!

The internet connection is a corporate guest network with a 1Gb/s up/down line. In terms of network, the computer has a PCI-e network card with the NDI network in one port and the internet connection in the other. Every other application running internet traffic is turned off during streams, except one Edge browser window for stream health monitorring and OS components. (So OneDrive uploads are paused, Teams et cetera is off)

MicrosoftTeams-image (12).png (38kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

We're streaming in the default settings, i.e. 2 second keyframe, 30fps, 1920x1080, baseline, veryfast, 4 threads, 20 seconds network buffer. The only exception is that Strict CBR is enabled. This has resolved even worse problems we used to have.

The computer has a RTX 2070 Super GPU and watercooled Intel I9 11990F processor. GPU load is at about 33% while streaming and recording, with rendering time sub 10ms and total CPU use in the 20s to 30s.

MicrosoftTeams-image (13).png (33kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

This picture is taken at 9PM in the evening when I'm literally the only guy in the building. It's playback of a video, too, a h.264 MP4 30fps video. That graph should be a straight line.

Here is a streaming log: https://file.io/cCe7P8evwD4B. I've only redacted the stream key.

I'm absolutely at my wit's end. The ISP and CDN are unresponsive or unhelpful, i.e. they "can't see any problems on their end". My corporate network guys can't see any problems on their end. I'm having stutter or disconnects in 1 stream of 2.
Andreas O  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2022 10:12:22 PM(UTC)
Andreas O

Groups: Registered
Norway

Goodsor158, did you intend to post this as a new thread?