logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JonHall.conp  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2022 3:58:10 AM(UTC)
JonHall.conp

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For the last couple years that we've been using vMix we've been controlling our Sony SRG-300SE cameras through vMix using Sony VISCA over IP. The only issue we've ever had with it is that if we start vMix before the cameras are finished booting we have to manually reconnect.

We had a meeting yesterday with no issues. Today, vMix refuses to connect to any of the cameras, giving an error -
Quote:
"An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions."
Restarting the software and cameras did not resolve the issue. Due to the ongoing meeting we're unable to reboot the full system at this time. If I change the connection type to Sony CGI PTZ it works, but now all of the presets are off. After this meeting is finished we'll reboot and see if that resolves it, but I'm looking for any other suggestions and possible cause in the meantime. Or would CGI PTZ be a better option? I see in the manual that either works for this model.

Thank you!

UPDATE: Rebooting the PC had the cameras working again through the software. I'm still curious what the issue may have been, though.