logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
49er  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 12:59:45 PM(UTC)
49er

Groups: Registered

I have a Dell Precision 690 with dual Xeon 5160s, 8GB of 1333MHz ECC RAM, an nVidia 9500GT graphics card and Osprey 440 capture cards.

After installing Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with the standard drivers (from Microsoft) for all hardware (except the Osprey 440), vMix captures video as expected.

My issue is that after installing the latest nVidia graphics driver (340.52). Once this driver is installed, the video capture has lots of random horizontal lines flashing across the screen. These lines appear in the recording as well. I have rolled-back the driver to the standard Microsoft driver, and the issue persists still. It only works with the driver initially installed by Windows, and NOT after rolling the driver back from the new nVidia driver.

I have swapped the Osprey and nVidia card into a different computer and can replicate the same steps. The card captures as expected until I install the up-to-date nVidia driver, replacing the standard Microsoft driver. Horizontal lines appear after installing the updated driver.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips or experience with this issue?

Thanks for reading.