logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
leffz  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:19:27 AM(UTC)
leffz

Groups: Registered

I think a lot of people do have an ip camera without AAC audio encoding and encountered troubles while connecting the stream to vMix. We have 112! in our system and forced to transcode the stream by 3rd party software. That causes a lot of troubles too. Please, add G.711 codec to your support list.
comzm  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 3:39:10 AM(UTC)
comzm

leffz wrote:
I think a lot of people do have an ip camera without AAC audio encoding and encountered troubles while connecting the stream to vMix. We have 112! in our system and forced to transcode the stream by 3rd party software. That causes a lot of troubles too. Please, add G.711 codec to your support list.

YES, please include G.711 too ! This is a much needed feature.
mark  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 9:06:35 AM(UTC)
mark

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
comzm wrote:
leffz wrote:

YES, please include G.711 too ! This is a much needed feature.

I agree would be a great feature
mjgraves  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 4:08:50 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Attempting to be frugal when adding a new IP camera to my installation I tried one of the Amcrest models. It was $90 compared to $150 for the roughly comparable model from Grandstream.

The Amcrest camera was much more difficult to integrate into my existing installation. So much so that I returned it, and purchase the Grandstream VXV3610.

Where the Amcrest cameras delivered only G.711 encoded audio the Grandstream is AAC capable.

I know that this doesn't help folks who have existing installations, but it may help others to make their equipment selection.