logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pesi  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2022 7:35:28 AM(UTC)
pesi

Groups: Registered
Man
Canada

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've heard that it is better to record the stream to a separate hard drive (i.e. not the drive which holds the program and OS).
Firstly, is that correct?
Secondly - if a separate HD is better, is there any advantage/disadvantage to record the stream on a USB Flash drive via a USB 3.0 port, instead of an internal drive?
cad80_99  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2022 4:52:21 PM(UTC)
cad80_99

Groups: Registered
United States

I dont know for sure if its better or not. Our internet went down and so instead of streaming live, I recorded and then uploaded when I got home. This was 2 weeks in a row. The first week, I downloaded to the internal hard drive, same that the software is on. No issues, but I then had to transfer to a USB drive so that I could go home and then upload. The second week, I just recorded straight to the USB drive. Same thing, no issues at all. The only difference was that the second week I did not have to wait to transfer the file from the internal SSD to the thumb drive. Both qualities looked the same regardless and the software had no issues in either of the situations.

Long story short, I did not really see a difference, other than if you want to look at the download from another PC or something. Or just to not use up any space on your PC hard drive.