logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CCBC2190  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 12:26:56 PM(UTC)
CCBC2190

Groups: Registered
United States

I just upgraded to an i7 computer with Vmix HD. I'm using 2 SDI/PTZ cameras and 3 Canon HD camcorders. They are all connected to individual USB capture devices and plugged into the 3.0 USB ports. They were all previously connected to an older computer and Vmix was able to see them all at the same time. Now that they are connected to the new gaming computer, it's hit or miss if they all show up. I have noticed that when they are all connected and installed but not showing, sometimes if I remove one, one of the missing ones shows up. Why would Vmix not be showing them all. I've lowered the resolution and played around with the display settings to no avail. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I did order a single 4 port HDMI capture card to install that may fix the problem but I didn't expect to run into this problem on this newer hardware.

Any tips?
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 6:12:56 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Get the PCIe Quad input HDMI card. For whatever reason you appear not to have as much USB bandwidth on this new PC as on your old one. Personally, I wouldn't expect to be able to connect a total of 5 HD camera sources via USB3, unless I knew there were multiple USB3 host chips in order to avoid too many physical ports being funnelled through the same USB host. You can get 4-lane PCIe multi-channel USB3 cards like the StarTech PEXUSB3S44V which will give you more USB bandwidth should you wish to continue using your existing capture devices.
deedrachaney  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2022 1:43:21 PM(UTC)
deedrachaney

United States

Thanks a lot! I'll try that out.