logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Idahno  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2022 7:32:21 AM(UTC)
Idahno

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've realized that in one of my computers, I've stopped being able to see internal NDI sources from the same computer. It's anything ORIGINATING from the computer, either the NDI Test Patterns, Vmix output, NDI Screen Capture (normal and HX), Vmix screen capture, etc.

However, the computer does RECEIVE NDI sources that come from elsewhere in the network. I've tried isolating the computer to check if it was any network setting but I still can't see anything even though I'm disconnected from everything(sending a Test Pattern and opening a Studio Monitor to display it, both in the computer, disconnected from the network). The same test in other computers works perfectly. As expected, when connected to the network again, I can't view anything put out by that computer through NDI on any other viewer in the network, so it points to a NDI output problem.

Computer firewall is completely off, no antivirus or anything obviously, and have previously used it extensively to transmit various NDI signals. No software changes. The only network change I made at one point was using a fixed IP once, and then I returned it to the default DHCP settings it had before.

Is there anything I could be missing, or any resources you could point me to? Thanks!
Idahno  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2022 9:28:25 AM(UTC)
Idahno

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've figured it out. I'll leave this post up if anyone else googles for it.

Weirdly it was the NDI Tools that was causing problems. I uninstalled and could view the Vmix NDI output again. I ensured I downloaded the latest version of NDI Tools and installed it, and problem solved