logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TechDad  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2022 7:26:58 AM(UTC)
TechDad

Groups: Registered
United States

Not sure if what I want to do is possible,but figured I would ask.

Right now I have our audio feeding into a Scarlett 2i2 Gen 3. Then I choose the Scarlett as the audio interface for the stream. The issue is...is that I seem to be fidling
with the Audio and Video setting trying to get them to Sync up. I have adjusted the delay setting in Vmix a few times.

Are there a way that I could possibly take the Audio coming into the 2i2 and feed it into the Audio input of the camera so they would sync up? Like I mentioned this may not be possible,but let me know other suggestions.
vmixgreg  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2022 9:59:55 PM(UTC)
vmixgreg

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Synchronizing the audio and video is going to be a matter of trial and error until you hone in on the delay settings that work best for your hardware.
Typically, somewhere between 60ms and 100ms works with most systems.
In the "Fun Time Live" Studio at vMix, the delay is set to 80ms where we typically use the Behringer UMC 404HD Audio Interface with our microphones.
The alternative is to plug your microphone directly into your camera, which will automatically sync audio and video as it is captured through the capture device being used.

I hope that helps.

vMix Greg
thanks 1 user thanked vmixgreg for this useful post.
TechDad on 7/22/2022(UTC)
TechDad  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2022 7:43:04 AM(UTC)
TechDad

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: vmixgreg Go to Quoted Post
Synchronizing the audio and video is going to be a matter of trial and error until you hone in on the delay settings that work best for your hardware.
Typically, somewhere between 60ms and 100ms works with most systems.
In the "Fun Time Live" Studio at vMix, the delay is set to 80ms where we typically use the Behringer UMC 404HD Audio Interface with our microphones.
The alternative is to plug your microphone directly into your camera, which will automatically sync audio and video as it is captured through the capture device being used.

I hope that helps.

vMix Greg

Thanks,that does help.As of now it's set to 521ms. We have or PA system that has our Mics connected to it running into the Scarlett. Not sure how I could get that audio into the camera Audio input,unless taking the out from the Scarlett and feeding it into the input of the Canmera using a 1/8 plug.