logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MW-Music  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2022 2:48:23 PM(UTC)
MW-Music

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

I have 4 PTZOptics SDI/NDI Cams (30x) and a new Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Notebook. Win10pro, vMix25, all Drivers are installed correctly, everything is working.

If I use the PTZ via Blackmagic ATEM mini in vMix - everything is fine. If I use it via NDI - vMix starts dropping frames - Source and Renderer Frames. On NDI and Atem Input at the same time. I also see rendertimes like 58ms, 102ms, than it lowers to 1 or 3ms, tha rises up to 36ms... <
If I only use the Blackmagic input my rendertimes are switching between 1 and 6ms, sometimes a bit higher, but never over 17ms.

Resolution of the Cam is 1080p50. Gigabit Network with a non managed switch with cam and internet connected.

I tried everything I knew. Only the NDI input - frame drops. Both inputs - frame drops. Lower the framerate of the cam - frame drops.
Changed networkcable - same same same.

I have been using the PTZOptics for a long time with another vMix Machine (Intel i9, 2 Blackmagic Deklink Duo PCIe, RTX3080) in the same way. No issues like that.
With the Lenovo Legio 5 pro I have big problems.

Can anybody help oder give me an idea what to do?
mavik  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2022 9:59:22 PM(UTC)
mavik

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Old setup no issues and new setup with issues and assuming the only difference is the computer you know your problem already.
It seems that the Notebook struggles with the data processing. I would start there to debug. Bring up the resource monitor in windows, see if there are some hints of bottleneck, check your speeds and busses on the notebook. I personally have a big focus on the PCI lanes.
Try increasing the NDI Bandwidth. The higher the bandwidth the less compression and the less decompression power needed on the notebook.
If you like I can offer a screenshare session. It seems we have the same timezone.