logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
phbelanger  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2022 4:18:01 AM(UTC)
phbelanger

Groups: Registered

I just bought a new HP desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 12GB Memory, 512GB SSD with the AMD Radeon Vega 7 GPU (Graphics Processor Unit) integrated into the main AMD Ryzen 5 processor. It is NOT a NVIDIA graphics card and I wonder if I should return it and upgrade to a more expensive desktop with NVIDI graphics. Will this unit work or am I wasting my time trying to save some money? All other specs meet the vMix recommendations - the issue is the integrated graphics. Any help appreciated. thanks
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2022 8:15:24 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ phbelanger

What are you planning to do with vMix?
Essentially, integrated graphics will work OK with vMix for very simple productions with 6 or less Inputs at lower resolutions for streaming to a single destination or recording.
Pushing it beyond that with full HD and you risk bogging down the CPU and dropping frames (choppy video).
As such, integrated graphics are generally not recommended for use with vMix if you want optimal results.

Ice
phbelanger  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2022 3:15:11 AM(UTC)
phbelanger

Thanks for that info. Essentially, I'm just looking for a simple 4 IP camera input to NDI conversion with easy switching (cut/fade/etc) to use with our ProPresenter 7 software. ProPresenter doesn't recognize IP cameras as video inputs but does see NDI cameras. So essentially I'm pretty much just using vMix as a switcher. Nothing more fancy than that. I use Resi integrated with ProPresenter for livestreaming so don't need vMix for streaming. I did a test run yesterday with all 4 cameras active and it seemed to work fine. my GPU stayed at 25% throughout and CPU below 17% even when switching, doing flyins, etc. Might work for what I need. Will try it again today with a test livestream to see what happens. The ProPresenter laptop is a high speed gaming laptop and this is where the heavy load is. What do you think?
thanks again, Paul
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2022 8:27:35 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ phbelanger

Both RTSP IP Camera streams and NDI are very CPU intensive, so you will want to make sure your CPU is fast enough to keep up (a big reason why vMix recommends a CPU of 3.0 GHz or faster).
IP Streams themselves are not very reliable and is a big reason why NDI was developed by NewTek as well as the development of SRT, but if that's all you have, you gotta do what you gotta do and it is certainly possible with vMix but I would recommend that you watch this video and make sure that you test, Test and TEST again:

Ice
phbelanger  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2022 3:54:47 AM(UTC)
phbelanger

One more question please. I now have ProPresenter 7 working very well with 4 IP cameras feeding via vMix NDI output to ProPresenter which I am using as a video mixer. The video quality is quite good. Problem now is that the audio into ProPresenter 7 is a bit out of sync with the video coming in from vMix. I have tried to increase the audio input delay but can't seem to get it in perfect sync. Any ideas? When viewing the pastor sermon, the lip movement is slightly behind the audio. Is there a limit to how much I can delay the audio? I have been delaying audio incrementally one millisecond at a time. Not sure if the latency is in the vMix desktop or the ProPresenter laptop??? Thanks again for your suggestions.