logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
willenglishiv  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2022 5:43:16 AM(UTC)
willenglishiv

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi,

My system

Ryzen 7 5800x
32gb ddr4 3600 mhz ram
Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro P Motherboard (microATX)
Zotac 3070 Graphics Card
BlackMagic Decklink Duo 2 SDI Capture Card
Windows 11 (without the update mentioned to uninstall)

What happened?

I was doing a show where my PC was connected to a video wall, I connected two SDI lines to my BlackMagic card and had outputs to the wall using External Outputs.

I first noticed something was wrong when I ingested 3 NDI feeds that were choppy and we were on a gig network, but after I set up the external outputs, at random times my vMix would just restart itself, and come right back to where it started.

I eventually set it up to start external outputs on launch. But the damage was done, it had been a visible blink in the background.

There were also power surges and such before the show started that could have affected my graphics card or other components.

Also, the only other correlation to vMix restarting itself was an error I saw in Events Viewer that was nvlddmkm, \Device\Video3.

So far as of right now, I took out my capture card and swapped it for an Elgato HD60 Pro 4k, vMix hasn't crashed and restarted once.

I'm probably going to do a full reinstallation of windows anyway, but I wanted to ask the form where else I should look.

niemi  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2022 8:45:39 AM(UTC)
niemi

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: willenglishiv Go to Quoted Post

I first noticed something was wrong when I ingested 3 NDI feeds that were choppy and we were on a gig network, but after I set up the external outputs, at random times my vMix would just restart itself, and come right back to where it started.

Try to stop the NDI feeds and see if this stop vMix from quitting. We have been consistently able to provoke vMix crashes with NDI sources being disconnected.
Joeboe  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2022 1:31:56 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I have a different issue...when connected to NDI sources, vMix crashes, and close sometimes after about 5 mins., sometimes in less than 2 mins......what can be the problem..