logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ccolewilliam  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 4:23:36 AM(UTC)
ccolewilliam

Groups: Registered
Man

Hi- I have a simple question I hope. I am running two Vmix Max set ups. One as a production set up and one as a master control. What is the best way to transfer the live production from one vmix (the production) over to the master. I have been using the NDI. However, with live video it's not quit smooth. Any suggestions or anything I could be missing. Thanks!
engelschall  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2022 10:20:16 AM(UTC)
engelschall

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 17 post(s)
We are using two vMix instances ourself for production (one for the actual scene mixing producing the output with a german audio stream, and a second one for translater voice-over to produce an english-speaking version of the stream) and use NDI between those two vMix instances, too. It works in a very smooth way without problems, as NDI has very low latency and good quality. I guess your problem is your network bandwidth: NDI needs a stable and high-bandwidth connection. We use 1 Gbit/s connections and a Netgear AV-line switch. With this NDI works really in a smooth way without problems. Alternatively, if ultra-low latency is not really required, you can also try to send the stream with SRT from one vMix instance to the other.
thanks 1 user thanked engelschall for this useful post.
mjgraves on 6/29/2022(UTC)