logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UnderWaterFlying  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 7:46:40 AM(UTC)
UnderWaterFlying

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Feature request 1: Add shortcut function to enable Position speed to be adjusted

Feature request 2: Add shortcut function to enable Move speed to be adjusted

Feature request 3: Add shortcut function to enable Zoom speed to be adjusted

Reason:
Currently the only way to adjust these is via using the mouse to adjust the sliders on the PTZ setting dialogue.
By having shortcuts for these the speeds could simply be adjusted via keyboard keys, Midi or Game controllers, without having to open onscreen dialogue boxes.
Altering the Move speed is particularly useful for fine adjustment of 30x cameras working at maximum zoom.

Enhanced option:
Allow a Game controllers analogue joystick to be used to control these speeds - this would require a "sticky" joystick that stays in position and didn't return to centre.
Custom controllers could then be build using Ultimarc (https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/u-hid-en/), or similar, U-HID controllers with the simple addition of a potentiometer

mavik  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2024 11:01:53 PM(UTC)
mavik

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
I believe this feature request should get some attention again.
I tried with the stream deck + to position PTZ cams with the knobs. Impossible. The dial stack would be perfect to go through Pan, Tilt and Zoom one after the other but once a knob is rotated the cam will continue in that direction and a stop would require another button. rotating the other direction is giving same move. I also tried a counter to be dialed to a value. Impossible.

So, in addition to the speeds I would extend the request to allow for dials be used to step through values or in-/decrement values. Also dynamics should be taken into account the fast you rotate the faster the change should happen.