logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fabiancerdasr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 9:52:48 AM(UTC)
fabiancerdasr

Groups: Registered
Costa Rica

Hello! I assume this has been asked before but I'm not finding an answer anywhere yet. I'm running an esports show that requires image inputs to autoupdate when the file is replaced in the source folder address. Back when I sued to work with OBS, this happened automatically but with vMix it seems like something is keeping it from doing it but I can't find any settings that control this. For example, let's say I have an image input called MATCHWINNER.png, in my workflow a co-worker would create a new version of that graphic and replace the old one, having it named the exact same. From there, I would expect the file to change within vMix as well but this doesn't happen. vMix continues to show the old file, forcing me to go to the cog wheel and hit change and ok before I can use that which is very troublesome when considering that there are tons of files that change throughout this show. Is there a way to do this? We've tried replacing the files locally and via google drive but none seem to work. Thanks in advance!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 11:08:39 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fabiancerdasr Go to Quoted Post
Hello! I assume this has been asked before but I'm not finding an answer anywhere yet. I'm running an esports show that requires image inputs to autoupdate when the file is replaced in the source folder address. Back when I sued to work with OBS, this happened automatically but with vMix it seems like something is keeping it from doing it but I can't find any settings that control this. For example, let's say I have an image input called MATCHWINNER.png, in my workflow a co-worker would create a new version of that graphic and replace the old one, having it named the exact same. From there, I would expect the file to change within vMix as well but this doesn't happen. vMix continues to show the old file, forcing me to go to the cog wheel and hit change and ok before I can use that which is very troublesome when considering that there are tons of files that change throughout this show. Is there a way to do this? We've tried replacing the files locally and via google drive but none seem to work. Thanks in advance!

Pls do a search in this forum ( or with google "vmix autoupdate image " ) as there are quit a few posts adressing this
fabiancerdasr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 11:19:46 AM(UTC)
fabiancerdasr

Costa Rica

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: fabiancerdasr Go to Quoted Post

Pls do a search in this forum ( or with google "vmix autoupdate image " ) as there are quit a few posts adressing this

Thanks for your response but I have read the threads related to this and haven't found an answer to the problem. Trail seems to go cold on all related threads.
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 10:33:03 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ fabiancerdasr

I might suggest using the "Photos Input" instead, then at least you have the option to right click the Input and "Refresh Photos" and so any changes to the pictures in the folder (even if it is only one) will update immediately in vMix.

Ice
fabiancerdasr  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 10:48:59 AM(UTC)
fabiancerdasr

Costa Rica

Originally Posted by: IceStream Go to Quoted Post
@ fabiancerdasr

I might suggest using the "Photos Input" instead, then at least you have the option to right click the Input and "Refresh Photos" and so any changes to the pictures in the folder (even if it is only one) will update immediately in vMix.

Ice

Thank you, will do! I'm pretty surprised vMix doesn't have this feature built in!