logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rinsky  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2022 3:36:55 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I would like to see the option to split data (e.g. a race with x participants) into multiple lines when clicking "convert rows into colums"

For example:

I want to create a table/the standings for the race with multiple pages, but if the race has a couple of hundred runners, like in a marathon...it can become messy with pages.

Therefore I would like to split the standings into multiple lines and have a datachange transition when changing the line (first line runners 1-10, second line runners 11-20 and so on= within data sources.

I hope this makes sense.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2022 4:03:13 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rinsky Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see the option to split data (e.g. a race with x participants) into multiple lines when clicking "convert rows into colums"

For example:

I want to create a table/the standings for the race with multiple pages, but if the race has a couple of hundred runners, like in a marathon...it can become messy with pages.

Therefore I would like to split the standings into multiple lines and have a datachange transition when changing the line (first line runners 1-10, second line runners 11-20 and so on= within data sources.

I hope this makes sense.

Can be easely solved by just going through the rows of your data source with a script

Use a loop say 1-10
Select a row and put the data in hidden text block in your title
Transfer those to the row of your desing (where each row the textname is also numbered accordingly )
pause and do next loop of 10 for the next series of rows all within one page desing until reaching the end of the datasource within the main loop

Or do similar with external app by reading the data source file directly (if csv, xml,json). bit easier to check of one reached the end of the list and dont need the individual row data put in hidden text first

Using title pages (limit) might at some point not even be enough