logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
priortothat  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 9:47:59 PM(UTC)
priortothat

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same problems recently.

Since about 2/3 weeks ago the vMix splash screen displays immediately but then stalls for around 1-2 minutes before opening vMix. It used to open within around 5-10 seconds before this time on all the machines I've tested.

This happens on both on vMix 24 (last build released) and 25 (most recent and previous build versions) and on different machines (all Win10 and up to date), so it's unlikely it's a hardware or driver issue as they are all different configs - unless it's a windows update, but again some machines are a few updates behind and have been affected.

I also wasn't able to update from version 24 to 25 using the "update available" built in vmix updater. It complained about a corrupt something - I can't remember what, so had to manually download and install over the top. Whether this is related or just coincidence I'm not sure.

Similarly around the same time, I've noticed Companion app for Streamdeck (remotely not locally though!) doesn't connect for a good 5-10 minutes after vmix is finally running.
This is likely a coincidence as connecting to a different vmix machine remotely will connect immediately.

The errors are: instance(vMix1 - Mixer): Network error: connect ETIMEDOUT which happens for 5-10 minutes after vmix is up and running.
The next error is: instance(vMix1 - Mixer): Network error: read ECONNRESET which happens once before finally connecting properly.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated! I'm waiting for the summer to do a clean install to see if that will help.

Cheers