logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BSSD  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2022 9:53:11 AM(UTC)
BSSD

Groups: Registered
United States

We're trying to automate Football (both American and Soccer style) livestreams from our outdoor field with permanently mounted PTZ cameras on light poles. We use vMix and Newtek/Birddog NDI PTZ cameras indoors and I really like the NDI workflow. These cameras will need to be fully weather proof for Montana Winters and run off of POE. Any suggestions?

I've found the BirdDog A200's, but the price is a bit steeper than I was hoping for.

We've done Newtek cameras in Dotworkz housings in the past but I would like not to run power to these locations and that solution only worked OK as the bubble housing was often visible.

I use Axis cameras for security purposes, but am not sure about PTZ control joysticks for sports? Also would really prefer NDI as I've struggled with VMIX and multiple RTSP video feeds especially when mixed with NDI. If I can find a PTZ Joystick maybe convert RTSP to NDI prior to Vmix? I find that mixing multiple formats though and especially translating creates a noticeable time discrepancy. Yes, that can be overcome by delaying some feeds in vMix but may introduce performance issues?

Am I missing any options? Anyone using the Axis or Lorex type cameras for outdoor livestreams in vMix?

Thanks!
UrielMartínez  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2024 5:22:48 AM(UTC)
UrielMartínez

Groups: Registered
Mexico

Hi, We are running a similar project in Mexico and we are testing Bolin and Axis PTZ cameras, is it possible to have a videocall to disscuss about it?