logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Adl  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 11:13:25 PM(UTC)
Adl

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sometimes I am on venue and want to send one SRT stream from vMix to vMix or from another device to vMix but on none of both sides I can control the router/firewall.
So I would like to have some kind of cloud service in the middle. I can set my sending device and receiver to SRT caller and both connect to the could service that operates as gateway and is set SRT listener on both sides. And the could service has fixed IP and open ports.
Is there such an easy service?

I have found the Haivision SRT Gateway. You can set up an image on Amazon AWS. But first of all I don't want to set up a server for such a small task and second this seams already too mighty. I don't want to have cross conversion or something like that. I just want to have one SRT stream forwarded to bypass firewall problems on location.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edit:
Has someone used srt-live-transmit on a linux server?
Github: srt-live-transmit
Seems easy to set input and output side to SRT Listener mode...
Ryan_AlleganyMedia  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2022 12:01:46 PM(UTC)
Ryan_AlleganyMedia

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

You could quickly install Magewell Cloud in a Linux instance in your studio where you control your own firewall and bandwidth. Cloud has an SRT gateway server built in and its $399 for perpetual license. I have a version running in my studio as well as on servercheap with unmetered 100/mb symmetrical bandwidth for $9 a month.