logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
allklier  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2022 10:03:57 PM(UTC)
allklier

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The way I understand the interface, in Audio Outputs you can configure each bus (Master, Headphones, A, B, C) to different channels of the USB interface. But for some reason I don't seem to be getting any sound on the respective USB channels assigned to Bus A or Bus B.

Are there additional settings I'm missing, or am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

Here's my ideal setup I'm trying to achieve:

- Using an external audio console to mix the audio and then bring the whole mix into VMix for streaming
- Audio sources are external microphones as well as audio from camera feeds picked up by VMix via SDI / AJA interface
- I would assign each camera to a Bus and not have it go to the Master. So Cam 1 would be Bus A, always on, not routed to master. Cam 2 would be Bus B, etc.
- Bus A would go out an additional USB channel to the external console (which is USB aware, each channel on the console can receive separate USB inputs)
- Then I'm bringing the master mix from the console back into VMix as an Audio Input, routed to master

Seems like a normal use case.

This all works, except for some reason the Bus A doesn't send to USB. I can hear the Master in the console, and the return works, but for some reason the Buses don't seem to generate USB outputs even if assigned proper channels.

Thoughts/Ideas?

I'm trying to avoid having to use audio de-embedders on the camera feeds to take them to the audio console, but use VMix to route the audio out and back in. There are enough buses to accomplish this for basic camera setups.

Jan
allklier  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2022 10:29:54 PM(UTC)
allklier

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Found the answer (face palm moment). Leaving it here in case someone else trips over the same thing.

My buses were just set to 'Enabled' instead of pointed to the USB interface. So I could hear them in VMix, but they were not talking to the USB interface. Once I explicitly selected the USB interface for each bus, it worked beautifully.

Jan
mavik  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2022 11:30:39 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
This video might help as well.