logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gabtrat  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2022 2:31:11 AM(UTC)
gabtrat

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello!
My vMix setup has a fixed camera and a PTZ camera. We switch to the fixed camera, line up the PTZ optics camera, and then switch back to it. For the PTZ camera I have created virtual inputs for each position we want to switch to.

The problem is, after clicking the virtual input we often adjust the position of the PTZ camera in the Preview window before using Quick Play to switch to it (we often have people move around on stage). When I press the Quick Play button, it resets the position to what was saved in the Virtual Input... so the camera pans back to the original saved position and we have to awkwardly pan back to where we want it,

Is there any way to stop vMix from resetting the PTZ position on the virtual input when I hit Quick Play? I know I can click the original camera input and then Quick Play, but that is harder to train volunteers to do.

Thank you!

EDIT: clarified
paco3346  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2022 5:19:34 AM(UTC)
paco3346

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I typed 2 different responses before I fully understood the dilemma. No, there's not a built in way to do this. Your best bet would to create a trigger for each virtual input so that as it goes to preview you call the function to put the actual PTZ input (not the virtual ones) to preview. Then as you hit quick play it's putting that live instead of the virtual (where the preset is stored).
gabtrat  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2022 6:43:00 AM(UTC)
gabtrat

United States

Originally Posted by: paco3346 Go to Quoted Post
Your best bet would to create a trigger for each virtual input so that as it goes to preview you call the function to put the actual PTZ input (not the virtual ones) to preview.

That's a good idea, thank you!