logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
curiousgeorge  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2022 10:50:27 AM(UTC)
curiousgeorge

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi everyone, i bought the pocket 4k recently, I am a total newbie, and wondering if anybody can point me to a video where I can learn more about the basic overall understanding of Luts, and also where I can purchase best luts for indoor videos, YouTube talking head videos on a green screen background? Lighting is not my problem, I bought like $2000 in various lights, yet, still struggling to chroma key out the green screen properly inside Vmix. :/

Can anyone offer any insights that might prevent me from having a mental breakdown, I feel like such a moron...

1.  INDOOR VIDEOS?  I bought the pocket 4k recently, I am a total newbie, and wondering if you can point me to a video where I can learn more about the basic overall understanding of Luts, and also where I can purchase best luts for indoor videos, YouTube talking head videos on a green screen background? Lighting is not my problem, I bought like $2000 in various lights, yet, still struggling to chroma key out the green screen properly inside Vmix. :/

2.  WHITE BALANCE CONFUSION?  I have a pocket 4K, and Atem mini pro iso, and I'm using V mix. I'm primarily doing talking head YouTube videos indoors. And I'm seeking advice on where I should be starting my chroma key adventures, and white balance adventures, so confused, because a Atem mini pro iso has chroma key options, and then V mix also has chroma key options, and I'm also trying to white balance on the camera, and then I'm not sure if I should white balance on the V mix software as well ?  Is it redundant?  I would prefer doing the white balancing in VMIX, because it is much convenient than getting up and walking over to pocket 4k and almost dying tripping on a cable cord. But I am unsure whether chroma key from Vmix is taking 100% priority over the camera whitebalance? If I hold up a grey card in front of the camera itself, and then white balance it, and then I go into VMIX and start playing with teh white balance in there, what was the point of white balancing from the camera itself? Is it redundant?

3.  IS THERE AN EASIER WAY?  Is there some way to just shoot in raw format and then open the footage in Davinci and be able to apply the LUT that way to see what it does to the shadows on my face? I don't see how that is a realistic solution though, because I am needing to position the lights BEFORE I take the video, and so how would that work if I don't know how it will look first?  ALso, is there any way to remotely change in real time before I record my video, and apply the LUT on the pocket 4k, instead of having to get up and change it every time on the back of the camera, and messing up the angle? 

4.  BEST LENS?   I bought the Sigma 18-35 lens, F1.8,  >>>  Canon 50MM F 1.8  >>> LUMIX 42.5 F 1.7  >>>  LUMIX 25 F1.7  >>>  LUMIX 14-42 mm F3.5 - 5.6 ( powered zoom, which is very convenient to be able to control from the black magic iphone app remotely)   Which lens do you think will look best if I am shooting indoors in my guest bedroom, with 4 soft boxes and 4 newer LED lights, and a green screen which is large and not much distance from green screen is possible?   

5. What is the meaning of life? :P