logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ward@wardcameron.com  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2022 2:58:23 PM(UTC)
ward@wardcameron.com

Groups: Registered
Canada

I have an unusual situation. I have a client that uses the Steinberg UR22 mkII 2-channel USB interface for her virtual and hybrid programs.

We use vMix for running the program. Her mics connect on inputs 1 and 2 and bring the audio into vMix via the USB interface. We then send the audio of the mics, along with other vMix inputs out to Zoom via Bus A and the in-room clients via Bus B.

I have Audio Bus B in the Audio Outputs of the settings section set to the Steinberg UR22. As I understand it, this should send only audio sources with the B Bus should be sent to the interface and then out to the room speakers through the L and R outputs at the rear of the unit.

In our testing though, it seems that all audio sources are sent to the room speakers regardless of whether bus B is or is not selected.

What is confusing me is that ALL the audio going to the room speakers is generated by inputs from vMix so it is clearly recognizing vMis as the source of the audio sources. What I don't understand is why it includes all sources regardless of the selections made in the vMix software as to whether it is destined for Bus B or not.

I hope I’m explaining this correctly. I appreciate any advice for making this more reliable.
dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2022 3:31:54 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
What is configured as Master and Headphones Output in vMix? And, if one of them is configured with Default Windows Playback Device, what is your Default Playback Device?
ward@wardcameron.com  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 1:45:32 AM(UTC)
ward@wardcameron.com

Canada

I've reached out to her to have her check, but I think it's set to the default playback device. I'm also wondering if we need the master bus at all when we use the A bus to send to Zoom and B to the Room?
dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 2:30:37 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Probably not. I prefer to set the Master Bus to "Enabled" so it just exists for streaming and recording, and the Headphones to the on board sound card (often called "Realtek..."), for monitoring. That way, all the routing is set in vMix and it does not matter, what the Default Playback Device in Windows is. Still, the Default Playback Device shouldn't be set to the Audio Interface, just to make sure no other Audio is coming through. By the way, how is the Zoom audio coming into vMix?
ward@wardcameron.com  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 2:52:06 AM(UTC)
ward@wardcameron.com

Canada

Thanks for this. I'll try setting it to those settings. Currently, every input is going through the interface and out to the house speakers so this might explain why. I want ONLY those inputs selected for Bus B go out of the system.

The Zoom audio comes in via a Virtual Audio Cable as described in this video.
It's been bombproof for the virtual presentations, but now that we're doing hybrid, it allows us to pipe the Zoom audio to Bus B so it plays in the room. Normally, we have it deselected in Bus A (audio going out to Zoom), as the Zoom audience already receives the Zoom feed.