logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tone13  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2022 1:00:55 PM(UTC)
Tone13

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all,

I've been away from vMix for the last six months and until then used vMix Call to get remote contributors into the show. Quality hasn't been the greatest and I'm looking at a better solution. I have a rather high profile show coming up where I need to bring in a guest that is in the USA (I am in Australia).

Im looking for a way to get my caller into vMix with higher quality than WebRTC but that's easy for them to use and provides a return feed like vMix call has.

Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT: I should add that when it works, WebRTC can be good enough quality but 90% of the time, WebRTC solutions like vMix Call and Zoom look choppy or low quality. Anything more robust out there?
gre2gor  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2022 11:00:44 PM(UTC)
gre2gor

Slovenia

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I think Zoom is the best option when you do not know the environment your guest is in. Zoom has devoted so much time to get the best from the worst (compression, algorithms, ...). If your guest has an option and you want the best quality then maybe vMixCall to vMixCall would be maybe simplest and best option.
I had great success with Larix, but you can only send back audio (Talkback), but it works over SRT, you can send them all settings via QR code (https://softvelum.com/larix/grove/). The latency maybe is there, but not much.
Tone13  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2022 11:12:06 PM(UTC)
Tone13

Australia

Thanks for the reply. Yes, Larix would be great if it had a return video feed. My guest needs to be able to see the return feed for graphics and VT’s.
NDI5 has also introduce NDI remote guest function but again, no return video to them.
I’m going to go with Teams. It supports NDI in and out of vMix and quality seems superior to vMix call in my limited testing. Real shame there isn’t an SRT or NDI solution.
I did see an App called stream to studio but it seems convoluted and there is very little info out on it.

mavik  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2022 11:35:08 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
I few thoughts from my side.
#1 SRT (Larix) to receive and a second for return.
#2 NDI 5 remote. Both sides need NDI. You can send and receive.
#3 medialooks VT. It supports SRT and return feed in a browser session.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
Tone13 on 4/2/2022(UTC)
Tone13  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2022 3:46:02 AM(UTC)
Tone13

Australia

Thanks Mavik,

I should also say that it needs to be relatively easy for the user to set up . If they are on an iPad, getting Two separate SRt’s or NDI’s going for return feed may be a bit tricky. I’ll look in to Medialooks.
Simsyuk  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2022 5:05:30 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I use Skype personally and I don't have any issues. I use a separate PC to run Skype over NDI to the vMix pc. As a producer I have talkback privately without the live viewers hearing me (the guests have earphones).

The downside is I can't have more than four guests (down to the PC), and each audio is shared so I can't separate them individually or talk to each guest privately, all guests hear me.