logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jofo69  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2022 7:00:09 AM(UTC)
jofo69

Groups: Registered
United States

I am running vMix on our church ( all computers are PCs running Windows 10) computer and we use it to stream our services. Everything on that side is working well. We have a choir loft that we have installed 2 monitors for the choir members to follow the service. I have a new computer that is feeding these 2 monitors via HDMI. I have NDI Studio Monitor running on that computer and it is able to find our NDI feed from the video computer that we stream with. The issue is that on these 2 monitors, we are getting the stream, but it only fills approximately 80% of the screen. I have set the output to full screen in Studio Monitor and that hasn't helped fill the monitor's screens.

I feel I have everything set to my knowledge but don't know what is causing this.

On my to home computers, I have done the same basic setup and the computer I am receiving the stream on Studio Monitor gives me totally full screen. Could it be a video card issue on the receiving computer?

Any help on this would be appreciated.
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2022 1:49:26 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
What's the pixel resolution of the HDMI output from the PC running Studio Monitor? And are there any settings on the monitors themselves which affect the aspect ratio being displayed? Uploading a picture of what you see on the monitor might also be helpful, to show exactly what you mean by "80% of the screen".
jofo69  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2022 5:27:42 AM(UTC)
jofo69

United States

I will have to get the resolution for you and look at the monitor since I am in the process of setting new monitors up. In addition to the computer that we run vMix on and this generates the NDI output that I am feeding to the monitors, we also have another computer on the same network that we run Easyworship on. I have NDI Studio monitor on that and sent the NDI feed out to our projector fed screens in our sanctuary and they too only showed a reduced image. By reduced, the feed is the proper aspect ration, it just doesn't fill the screen. It is like there is a black border all around the image, kind of like letterboxing. I will check the settings on the monitors and see if I can correct it from that end. Thanks for your input and I will try to get and image of what I am describing.
jofo69  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2022 1:48:20 AM(UTC)
jofo69

United States

Fortunately, I was able to correct this issue. At the suggestion of one of your replies, I was having to extend the desktop to send it to the 2 monitors and I went into Display Settings and increased the Display Ratio for the extended desktop and it filled the screens to perfection. Thanks for helping me to look into the correct areas.