logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JanDeWever  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2022 10:16:30 PM(UTC)
JanDeWever

Groups: Registered
Man
Belgium

Hi,

using Blackmagic Quad 2 (8 mini SDI connectors), on a vMIX 24.0.0.72 computer. RTX4000 GPU, heavy machine all the way (HP DL380G10). vMIX preset VERY full with NDI sources, and also 5 SDI sources from this BMD Quad 2 card (5 first connectors). Als 2 outputs via the same card (External outputs).

All sources work, all outputs work. However!

When I restart vMIX (preset saved first), meaning I close vMIX and start it again using the preset-shortcut I just saved, vMIX loads completely, but with the SDI sources offline. I can go in these sources' settings, choose 'change' and select the SDI sources again, and everything works. But this is not OK I presume you have to do that.

Any ideas why this happens?

BMD Desktop Video the latest, vMIX 24.0.0.72
Peter1000  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2022 11:33:51 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
did you checked in the options, start external outputs?

We have nearly the same setup, heavy HP G4Z4 Xeon Workstations (12x) with mix of P2200 and RTX 4000 GPUs, All with one or two Decklink DUO2.
On all the machines, also a few vMix Laptops and a few vMix on Intel Nucs we have to start external output twice, to enable SDI. On some machines even three times, because otherwise the sound is disturbed. vMix on the last 24 Version, Decklink Driver 12.1
We always check the SDI outputs with an SDI monitor and by listening to the disembedded audio signal.
I have written to vmix support but they have never heard of the bug or the phenomenon.
Solution, start external output twice, better three times :-)
JanDeWever  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2022 12:56:59 AM(UTC)
JanDeWever

Man
Belgium

Thanks but problem is not with the outputs, but with the SDI INPUTS: after I restart vMIX, and start vMIX again by immediately loading the preset for this project, vMIX loads fine, everything comes up OK, also external outputs. Only my 5 SDI sources from that Quad 2 come up 'offline'. I can re-enable them by choosing their cogwheel, change, choose the correct BMD SDI source again, and then they are back.
vincejones  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 8:18:48 AM(UTC)
vincejones

United States

Was this issue resolved? I have the same issue.
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 8:46:30 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ vincejones

I believe this is a Windows related issue and not something that vMix can "fix".
AFAIK, vMix is looking/expecting to find everything exactly the way it was when last used, but Windows doesn't always recognize/see things internally that way anymore (for whatever reason) and so shows the Inputs as "Off-line".

Ice
kuuminsh  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 9:06:40 PM(UTC)
kuuminsh

Latvia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's worth making a new project using only SDI inputs/outputs and checking how it works.
If everything works, then the problem is probably in the specific vmix project.

The fact that the SDI inputs are offline most likely indicates that the device still thinks that these inputs are being used by some process.
It is possible that despite the vmix interface being closed, one of the vmix processes is still active and using the SDI inputs.
You can check this by looking at the list of processes in the Task manager.

;)