logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
btb44333  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2022 5:38:49 AM(UTC)
btb44333

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi,

I am using an existing setup - has been established & working fine for 18 months. I have NDI Outputs enabled in VMix to use as returns to my backup Zoom machine, in the event of a VMix Call issue with a presenter. I recently upgraded to the current release version of VMix, 25.0.0.27. Now, when I view the NDI sources available from the VMix system, instead of seeing my output I just see something called "Remote Connection1" which has a QR Code in the center.

My previous internal uses of NDI still work - so my self-return of output 1 saved in the preset, for example, is fine, but I can not make new connections. I haven't seen this issue in any searches I have done.

Thoughts? Has anyone else seen this?

kane  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2022 10:10:00 AM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
The NDI 'Remote Connection 1' channel is from NDI Remote (part of NDI Tools). Open NDI Remote and uncheck all of the channels and this channel would disappear (you might have to reboot the system if it doesn't). Although, having this active doesn't cause any issues, it is the connection you can use if you setup NDI Remote.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
btb44333  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2022 10:51:57 AM(UTC)
btb44333

United States

Hi Kane,

Thank you for explaining Remote Connection, but it begs the question: if it shows, is this what is preventing me from seeing the actual NDI feeds?